Meetings & Special Events Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190002GZ
Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, Half Moon Bay, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Assists in planning and execution of meetings and special events. Position assists in the implementation of departmental strategies. The position has responsibility for assisting in the execution of all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales where appropriate.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Assists in apprising property of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Assists in execution of event management strategy that is aligned with the company’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to help ensure client satisfaction and quality standards.
• Assists in developing working relationships with outside vendors and establishing prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property as needed.
• Creates opportunities to upsell during event planning.
• Assists in managing department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.