Assistant Sommelier at michelin-starred Restaurant, St. Regis Florence
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000288
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Florence, Firenze, Firenze VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We have a great opportunity and are currently recruiting for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated Assistant Sommelier to recommend various wines and the full range of beverages to our guest to enjoy with their lunch / dinner at Michelin Star Wintergarden by Caino Fine Dining Restaurant.
The impact you will make
You must be passionate in delivering and conveying service excellence - this role requires you to provide a warm welcome on arrival. As Assistant Sommelier, you must be fully conversant with all of our menus within the Restaurant, in particular the wine list, vintages and stock availability. You are encouraged to up-sell wines and cross sell to our Food & Beverage Outlets. You must also be knowledgeable of all other Food & Beverage Outlets including the Hotel.
What you will be doing
- You possess great understanding and in-depth knowledge of wine and strive to maintain the highest standard of service quality by delivering excellent hospitality.
- Together with our Sommelier, you will be responsible for our Wine Cellar, have exclusive access to it, control the ettiquettes and manage the wine orders.
- Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
- Serve food and beverages to guests making recommendations if needed
- Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
- Record transactions in the MICROS system correctly and timely
- Check-in with guests to assure satisfaction with each course and beverage
- Clean tables, complete closing duties and re-stock tableware and other supplies
What we are looking for
- Hotel / Fine Dining Restaurant experience is essential
- Sommelier qualification - WSET level 2 or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiastic in delivering service excellence
- A natural ability to sell.
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and have strong organizational skills
- Has a good command of the Italian and English language, both spoken and written
- Display a polite and professional attitude to internal and external guests
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we will ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
You are a food and beverage enthusiast who really enjoys making others feel at home. When you work with us, you will get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we will make sure you feel right at home.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.