Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1900026J
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location AC Hotel Cape Town Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We’re looking for cultural innovators to join our team. If you are someone who has an inner creativity and love for art, design and culture, then we invite you to explore a career with AC Hotels.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the successful incumbent will be required to maintain the appearance of the built environment including but not exclusive to all guest rooms, public and back of house areas, paint and wood, plumbing, heating, furniture and fittings and basic electrical repairs as well as maintain the quality and standards of the AC Hotel.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Must be prepared to work shifts and weekend duty departmental cycles and after hours coverage of the hotel maintenance as per operational requirements essential
- Fix minor plumbing problems such as unclogging drains, plunging toilets, and repairing leaky spigots and faucets.
- Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs, and assist individuals with disabilities.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.