Guest Relations Coordinator
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190001BY
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
To provide personalized services and the direct coordinating of all aspects of the guest’s stay at the resort, through the co-ordination of other operations units. To act as the primary link between the guests and the operations, being responsible for ensuring delivery of the Resorts’ services to visitors and guests. To maintain accurate procedures for guest ‘reception’ and check-in formalities, and arrange daily activities in line with the resort’s services and functionality.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- To carry out the procedure for guest check-in, reception and check-out procedures, ensuring accuracy of Guest Reservations, accuracy of the guest's room rate, and accuracy of final billing in Opera. Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented and include an explanation. Secure valid form of payment.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g. OPERA), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- To ensure that guests at all times receive the services, access to facilities and individual requirements Requested by them, while maintaining the policies, procedures and systems of the Resort. This is to be Done by maintaining the personal contact with the guest and providing continuity to the guests. Interaction with the other departments of the resort.
- To arrange and co-ordinate the activities, tours/transfers and special requests of guests and visitors to The resort, ensuring that they have the maximum comfort and convenience for the duration of their Visit.
- Ask for and enter loyalty programme information (e.g., Marriott/ SPG) during check-in process. Recognize and thank guests for their loyalty if there are already members. Reconfirm benefits.
-To arrange and co-ordinate the activities, tours/transfers and special requests of guests and visitors to the resort, ensuring that they have the maximum comfort and convenience for the duration of their visit.
- To pass on all the relevant information (including complaints) to the other departments in the Operation. To ensure that guests receives services in well-coordinated and timely manner, this Includes additional information which may be relevant to developing and upgrading service, guest History records, Management and Sales and Marketing.
- To represent the image of the Resort’s services, its ideals, and its policies by maintaining a groomed and professional appearance in dealing with all visitors: and at all times promote a friendly, informal, and polite relationship between guest and the resort staff.
- To assist and personally ensure that the accommodation, services and facilities used by guest are at the required resort standards.
- To actively inquire and recommend the services, activities and facilities of the resort to guests and visitors, ensuring that they are kept informed of all the full range of options available to them.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Process all check-outs including express check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges, settling account, retrieving room key, and requesting comments on guest's stay.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- Review requests for late check-outs and approve according to occupancy - File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
- Take room service orders over the phone, answering any questions regarding the menu, inputting order into appropriate system, up-selling, following method of payment policies, reading back the order to confirm its accuracy and providing expected delivery time.
- Place and log call back for room service order within appropriate time frame to ensure guest satisfaction. Notify guests and management of delays in service delivery.
- Complete end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts, running night audit backup, and roll the date.
Qualifications: High school diploma or higher
Experience: At least 2 years working experience in a position relevant to the Front Office procedures from 5* hotels and resorts. Experience in working in remote locations is a strong asset.
Individual Experience: The candidates should have one or more of the following abilities/experiences/traits.