At Your Service Agent (part-time)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003JQO
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Amsterdam Marriott Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
With its many museums, peaceful canals and 17th-century architecture, Amsterdam charms every visitor. In the midst of this splendid city, you'll find the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Our luxury hotel, located across from Leidseplein's fine dining, shopping and entertainment, is a 5-minute walk to many attractions including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. In the morning visit the Vondelpark for a relaxing walk or run or go to our on-site 24-hour health club for a great workout.
Our 396 spacious guest rooms have everything you need for business or leisure travel and upscale and casual dining awaits you in our two restaurants where you can grab a burger and beer or Amsterdam's finest steak in town. Our 12 meeting rooms are equipped with the newest technology; we welcome you to our 'Meetings Imagined'.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and enthusiastic colleague! Do you want to work in a dynamic work environment in the center of Amsterdam and are you interested in a position at the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel? Read the information below and get excited to apply!
What are my responsibilities?
For our At Your Service Agent (4 day contract) we are looking for a person who enjoys working with people and who has excellent “hospitality skills”. Your main tasks will be handling our in- and external phone lines and e-mails, guest complaints and compliments. Also you will be responsible for processing guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, and other requests related to placing or receiving telephone calls. Lastly, you will provide information to guests about room features, property amenities, and local areas of interest.
You enjoy working in an international environment and you are passionate about delivering excellent customer service to make sure that our guests experience a memorable stay. You enjoy working with people and work well in a team. And above all, you have a nice, friendly and calm telephone voice.
To be eligible for this position you…
- Have or pursuing a degree in hospitality;
- have experience in customer service;
- can communicate fluently in Dutch and/or English, another language is of course a plus;
- are willing to work morning, evening (AM/PM), and weekend shifts;
- are pro-active and reliable.
What do you get in return?
The Amsterdam Marriott Hotel is part of Marriott International and offers a competitive salary & a wide package of benefits. Each year you will have a performance appraisal and depending on your performance you will get a salary increase. Furthermore we offer:
- A professional environment to work in;
- your uniform will be dry-cleaned by the hotel;
- personal coaching & training to support you in your day-to-day job;
- career possibilities within Marriott International;
- special discounted rates for 6000+ Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends;
- a TakeCare program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year;
- we organize many social activities, such as our Associate Appreciation Week, an annual Staff Party and Team outings.
For more information about our hotel please see www.amsterdammarriott.com
Marriott is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.