Manager, Fire Safety
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003JOD
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Assists in leading the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets is the key ingredient to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- To establish a record of fire safety document for operating system and equipment
- To conduct environment awareness, fire and life safety, emergency procedure training
- To form and train ERT, EMT and GO teams
Minimum Job requirements:
- 5 – 7 years of related work experience and min 3 years in managerial capacity in high rise building
- Certified fire fighting, AED, First Aider an advantage
- Former fire officer an advantage
- Advanced facilitation and performance consulting skills
- Fire fighting skills and using of fire extinguisher is a must
- Understand of local fire safety code is a must
- Hand on technical skills in life safety works and systems
- Strong Communication Skills – must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace, ensuring good information flow
- Ability to be a Change Agent and drive the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Effective conflict resolution and problem solving skills in life safety issues
- Professionalism in conducting fire drills
- Sound information Fire and Safety systems and crisis management knowledge
- Legislation knowledge in building codes, fire safety and local standards
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.