Front Office Manager (Maldivian Nationals)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003JHC
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, Vommuli, Maldives VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Accountable for the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out of the hotel and providing exceptional levels of guest service throughout the guest stay. Oversee the Front office operation, act as Manager on Duty on occasion and respond to emergency situations. Responsible for the coordination within Front Office and all other departments to ensure each guest expectations are met during their stay. Make day-to-day prompt decisions in lieu of the ADOR/ Management.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or related major; minimum 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Ensure all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner that all Starwood standards are being applied.
- Ensure all Front Office quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that members of the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and its partner programs are appropriately recognized, meet all Starwood Standards accordingly.
- Responsible for enhancing the product and service that is presented to the guest.
- Recommend changes of the product and services. Use market research to develop new products and services.
- Act on guest feedback, preferences regarding the hotel services and ensure that proper actions are taken to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to ADOR.
- Resolve customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Respond to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Take action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well-being of hotel guests and employees when senior managers are not available. Respond swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Work closely with all department heads to ensure a flawless guest experience and guest satisfaction throughout their stay by ensuring that the hotel daily operations run smoothly.
- Check VIP arrival rooms daily and co-ordinate the setup of the appropriate amenities.
- Develop, implement and monitor Guest Recognition Program providing operational departments with detailed information regarding guest preferences
- Oversee the Front Desk operations and act as the manager on duty in the hotel when require.
- Work closely with Head Butler to develop and maintain the standards of St Regis Butler.
- Monitor and ensure the experience at St Regis Airport lounge by working closely with the Airport Manager and make changes necessary.
- Responsible for the Sea plane operations and ensuring a smooth arrival and departures experience for all our guests.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and direction of new department associates.
- Ensure the timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Give direction and be responsible for the implementation of plans.
- Monitor plans’ effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace, including setting targets, planning and scheduling work and performance indicators that are typical productivity and efficiency measures.
- Operate the department within Starwood policies as they are related to the ethical codes, standards of good business practice and local laws and regulations.
- Through hands on management, supervise closely all Front office staffs in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Delegate appropriately, duties and responsibilities to equipped and resourced employees, nurturing and developing them whilst ensuring standards of operation and safety are maintained
- Develop and assist with training activities focused on improving skills and knowledge.
- Ensure staffs have a complete understanding of rules and regulations.
- Monitor employee morale and provide mechanisms for performance feedback and development
- Conduct annual Performance Appraisals providing honest and appropriate feedback
- Effectively communicate guiding principles and core values to all levels of employees.
- Ensure all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Take an active involvement in the Welfare, Safety, Development and well-being of staffs providing advice, counseling and truthful, diplomatic feedback
- Manage the staff at the Front Desk. Conduct training and scheduling of the staff. Conduct Performance Evaluations and discipline staff when needed.
- Support and encourage subordinates to maximize the yield of hotel revenue through upselling of room, as well as cross-selling other hotel products and services.
- Be a role model and motivate the team to achieve and exceed the SPG performance goals for all aspects (SPG Enrollments, SPG Instant Award, and Missing Stay Claim).
- Motivate the Front Office team to achieve the KPI objectives (GEI, QA, Safety & security, etc.)
- Brief and keep the team & all departments updated on the basis of daily operations and other relevant information.
- Responsible for supervising the Front office team with daily operations such as checking in and checking out guests, as well as escorting guests to their room when required.
- Be an expert giving advice / directions to subordinates when required, such as malfunction of PMS system, cashier jobs, payment discrepancies, room difficulties, etc.
- Ensure that all financial and credit procedures are followed. Follow up on credit problems with Credit Manager. Review all paid-outs, rebates, Petty
- Cash disbursements and Direct Billings.
Profit and Loss
- Assist in the daily maintenance of the room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Work in conjunction with Finance to maintain and minimize levels of account receivables.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and management of Front Office. Activities center on identification of strengths and weaknesses, the development of plans and strategies to ensure business development.
- Report on a regular basis to the ADOR on the performance of the Front Office against budgets, sales and profit projections. Analyze variances and monitor the impact of initiatives and corrective actions.
- Responsible for sales to guests through the Front Office.
- Have control over the elements that determine profit and loss.
- Responsible for all major operating expenses and has the capacities to set margins and manage the business against profit projections.
- Plan and coordinate Speed boat movements and maintenance, while implementing ways to save cost and provide high quality service to guest.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality of the product and ensure consistency in delivery and standards.
- Report on a regular basis to the ADOR on the performance of the Front Office against operations and human resources performance. Analyze variances and monitor the impact of initiatives and corrective actions.
- Provide support of a specialist nature to the Executive Committee but particularly to the ADOR and the Department Managers.
- Work in support of team goals and measure effectiveness by the quality of decision making at the senior level as well as through the profit and service performance at the individual unit level.
- Supervise the activities and the service levels of the Guest Experience Managers, Guest Service agents, Boat captains & Boat Crews.
- Ensure that all the security and safety requirements in our speed boats are met and regular follow ups on maintenance related to the boats.
- Conducts periodic departmental meetings.
- Develops incentive programs.
- Presents innovative ideas to hotel management.
- Provide other duties and services as assigned by ADOR.
- Ensure that the presentation of all public areas are kept tidy, well maintained and serviceable at all times, including overseeing the health and safety of guests and on-duty staff.
Training and Development
Manage the training and development of associates with an eye toward maximum staff satisfaction, productivity and guest satisfaction.
Be well versed and knowledgeable of “Brand” Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure Associates are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
Uphold the Starwood Cares culture by demonstrating the Star Service Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety legislation, and related “Brand” and Starwood Policies.
Conduct training for all Front Office subordinates in coordination with job related standards, policies and procedures ensuring that all subordinates follow standards and SOPs accordingly.
- Control room rate availability on full-house nights to maximize occupancy and revenue and protect guaranteed reservations.
- Handle relocation of guests according to established procedures.
- Maintain close contact with other hotels with regard to their status on full-house nights. Be aware of the Resorts daily availability for any last minute reservation or late check out requests.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Seaplane operator and ensure smooth arrival and departure operation
Perform duty of Security Manager when required
Monitor office supplies ensuring that they are well maintained and adequate for daily operations and replenish as necessary
Oversee the orientation and training of new employees and supervise the Designated Trainers.
- Always have a positive attitude and take initiative to resolve issues.
Conduct self in a professional manner at all times. Adheres to the established standard of conduct and house rules, fire regulations, and department procedures and policies.
Maintaining excellent grooming and hygiene ensuring all grooming standards are met in relation to personal grooming and uniform presentation.
To adhere the Resort rules and regulations and to follow the St. Regis Attitude, St. Regis Living and St. Regis Core Values at all time