Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003JAB
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Demi Chef De Partie Night Chef to join our award winning kitchen brigade at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
A Demi Chef de Partie Night Chef is required to work in our diverse kitchen under the guidance of our Executive Chef. The restaurant serves Scottish food prepared combining contemporary flavours with traditional techniques whilst using only ingredients of the finest quality.
As the Night Chef, you will be required to lead your section in the kitchen under supervision of the CDP, ensuring it is fully prepared for night service. The shifts are 11pm-11am and you will work 4 days on followed by 4 days off on a rolling rota which does not change.
We are looking for someone who is ready to take the next step on your career path. Ideally, you will have at least 2 years’ experience within a kitchen environment, which includes banqueting. Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
• Be knowledgeable of
classic food preparations, dishes and cooking.
• Have experience in British Brasserie cuisine.
• Have experience in working in a multi-outlet kitchen operation.
• Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
• Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
• Assess quality control and adhere to service standards.
• Support the junior members of the team
• Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline
• Seek own solutions to the minor obstacles that occur from time to time
• To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
• Flexible approach towards hours
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
In return we offer you a competitive salary a share in Tips and Service Charge as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty, dental and optical plans, discounted hotels and F & B), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.