Executive Lounge Team Leader - Front Office
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003IK9
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Focuses on delivering exceptionally personalized experience for JW Executive Lounge guests and Marriott Rewards Gold & Platinum Guests. Responsible for pre-arrival communication with Executive Lounge Guests and arranging for all guest requests and preferences. Process all Executive Lounge guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Cash guests' personal checks and traveler's checks. Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
Assists with food & beverage service and set-up in the Executive Lounge. Facilitates on the job training for new Guest Relations Agents – Executive Lounge.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports -10+
- Titles of Direct Reports – Executive Lounge Agents, Executive Lounge Attendants
- Excellent Guest services/contact.
- Previous experience working within a Front Office hotel environment in the 5 star/luxury market is essential
- Previous experience in F&B restaurant operations is preferred.
- English language (written and spoken)
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- MICROS, OPERA, Guestware, Computer / Microsoft Office, FCS or telephone software and other related operating systems
- Flexible and ability to work around the clock
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service excellent telephone etiquette
- Deliver trainings
- Good level of English essential, Arabic language is an advantage
- High School, Diploma, Degree education or equivalent required
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Ensure all relevant SOP’s are adhered to, to ensure consistent levels of services are maintained at all times.
- To be a champion of GuestVoice key drivers: “Staff anticipated guest needs” and “problem was resolved on first contact”.
- To be a part of the campaign to collect as many GuestVoice as possible, without going against the GuestVoice SOP.
- Due to the nature of our business, to understand that work schedules and demands of the position may vary from time to time.
- To have knowledge of hotel rates, packages, discounts and vouchers.
- To have knowledge of room types and locations within the hotel.
- To have excellent knowledge on food and beverage offerings and pairings
- To ensure that all Guests receive personal service to the highest degree of courtesy and to be informed of the hotel’s facilities.
- Protect guest and associate security by never revealing any personal information, room numbers, addresses, telephone numbers etc. unless authorized by a manager.
- To ensure that a good relationship is kept between all other departments.
- Perform any reasonable request as directed by management.
- Ensure the cleanliness and neatness of Executive Lounge area.
- Man the guest relations desk in the executive lounge.
- Prepare VIP arrival reports and share those with the hotel staff.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and wear proper uniform at all times (incl. name badge).
- Hand over any relevant information with necessary departments and associates.
- To have full knowledge of Guestware and to use information daily for follow up.
- Attend daily/weekly/monthly departmental meetings and contribute with the acquired knowledge.
- Conduct daily courtesy/departure calls.
- Escort guests to their rooms whilst promoting the hotel and following all necessary procedures.
- Play and active role in the implementation of new procedures and services.
- Conduct room inspections and coordinate your findings with the necessary departments.
- To take over the tasks of the Executive Lounge Supervisor in absentia (including but not limited to GuestVoice Weekly Reports, attendance of the Daily Briefings, Guestware weekly reports, Guest Correspondence)
- To ensure that all Guest concerns, complaints and compliments are actioned and addressed in an appropriate manner.
- To assist Guests with general enquires and any other reasonable service requested by guests.
- To assist in check-in and check-out if the Front Desk and the Executive Lounge Reception is overloaded/understaffed.
- Ensure all guests are welcomed according to the JW Marriott Welcome Experience.
- Review the trends of arrivals and departure and schedule himself and the Executive Lounge Receptionists accordingly.
- Be familiar with all local attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc.
- To coordinate group check-ins with Front Office, Guest Services and Guest Relations Managers.
- Ensure logs are maintained and put in proper use:
- Daily activities log
- Handover log
- Courtesy calls log
- Coordinate with Transportation Captain and airport desk to ensure timely pick-up and drop-off of guests.
- Be aware of VIP arrivals
- Liaise with Front Office Training leader to deliver on the job training for new Executive Lounge Agents
- Assists Executive Lounge Supervisor with conducting Hospitality Audits
- Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Ensure that all assigned and or mandatory trainings are completed on time.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.