Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003IFR
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views
This position is responsible for maximizing Rooms / F&B / Conference and Banqueting business from defined Corporate and/or Government accounts; providing secretarial and administrative support to the Account Director – Groups & Events and the sales team. On occasions, this position will also provide support to other departments as requested.
· To maintain the strictest confidentiality on all matters relating to Marriott and the Property plus all other sales and personnel related matters.
· To provide secretarial and administrative assistance to the Account Director – Groups & Events and secondly to provide back-up administration to the sales team. Preparation of correspondence, maintenance of appointments diary for Account Director – Groups & Events as well as managing the purchase order application process for the department, travel authorization forms and time attendance sheets.
· Set up and maintain an effective filing system for the sales department, including a daily trace file, to ensure all weekly, monthly and bi-annual deadlines are met by the Account Director – Groups & Events.
· Once training provided, to take a proactive role in the maintenance and development of Opera Sales & Catering and ISAC standards within the Sales Department.
· To provide training and support to other members of the sales team in these applications as required.
· To continually enhance and improve the efficiency and organization of the department, by design and implementing administrative systems.
· Working with the Sales Team to action and distribute the rate agreement letters as required.
· Analytical skills required.
· Must be able to perform under stressful situations
· Can manage to meet deadlines
· Hotel Industry experience is a plus
· Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and own the guests
· Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy
· Possess a warm and friendly demeanor
· Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of internal and external customers
· Are detail oriented and hands on.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws..