Yacht Captain / Azimuth, Flybridge66
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003GP6
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, Vommuli, Maldives VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Giving Proper guidance to crewmembers of the Vessel to ensure the smooth journeys for the customers. To ensure that boats are anchored, moored and tied up in a manner which ensures their safety, and that of passengers and cargo, at all times. Ensure that the recommended speed is maintained within the lagoon, proximity to the islands
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience as Yacht Captain and should have Yacht Master license.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Apart from Yacht maintenance, Yacht driving and jobs associated with captain responsibility,
- Giving Proper guidance to crewmembers of the Vessel to ensure the smooth journeys for the customers.
- To ensure that boats are anchored, moored and tied up in a manner which ensures their safety, and that of passengers and cargo, at all times
- Ensure that the recommended speed is maintained within the lagoon, proximity to the islands and to Male’ / Airport.
- To make and maintain the boat’s moorings and to keep watch on boats at anchor or moored in order to prevent them from damage
- Cleanliness of vessel – wash downs stainless polishing and organizing and managing maintenance projects by captain - sanding and taping up for varnishing or painting, filling etc.
- Experience within the Maritime sector and technical knowledge of the vessel required to be a successful Captain as is an in-depth understanding of tides and navigation and effect of weather condition
- Provide ultimate safety for passengers, crew, environment and vessel.
Attending Daily /weekly briefings when needed and required
Conducting daily briefing on the boat for boat crews.
Ultimate safety for engine operation and doing preventive maintenance.
Giving safety briefing to the passengers by introducing self & other crew members.
Maintain the entire engine operate ability, manage & supervise.
Responsibility to deep clean the vessel after finishing of each trip.
Completing daily boat checklist, after completing the check the list and if found any fault, must inform immediately direct manager or supervisor.
Ensure that the vessel meets the recommended safety regulations and emergency measures.
Direct and coordinate crewmembers performing activities such as loading and unloading baggage’s, steering vessels, operating engines, and operating, maintaining, and repairing boat equipment.
Maintain boats and equipment on board, such as engines, winches, navigational systems, fire extinguishers, and life preservers.
Checking fuel stock of the boat to keep the minimum fuel for any emergency or urgent trip.
Be flexible for emergency trips regardless of the time of the day.
Management of dock crew and maintaining crew discipline
Maintenance and inventory
Arrange regular safety maneuvers
Working in different shifts (morning, afternoon and night)
Be able to communicate with guests on board, giving them proper information and assist them whenever required.
Before guest transfers make sure followings are available on the boat: Face towel, water, soft drinks and snacks on long distance trips. Be able to serve guests.
Ensure to use GPS and other Facilities / equipment provided by the Hotels to make sure the safety of the Boat and Guests as well as Staffs.
Presents for each guest arrival and departure in the jetty and assist with luggage handling.
Assist Guest Service Team with Buggy Driving, Luggage pick-up and Delivery, Room Move, etc.
Be present at Reception while on duty to assist the guests and to help Guest Service with regards of any request from the guest.
- Assist in the hiring and interviewing of crewmembers.
- To maintain a positive, service orientated attitude towards guest as well
- To create predictable positive experiences that meets and/or goes beyond guest expectations.
- To report for duty as per roster, clean and tidy, wearing the correct attire and ensure that the attendance record is signed both at the beginning and the end of the shift.To ensure that all the reports are updated on a daily basis.
To have a thorough knowledge about the country, the local area and attraction to provide the guests with all requested information.
To attend daily meetings with the Team.
To adhere the Resort rules and regulations and to follow the St. Regis Attitude, St. Regis Living and St. Regis Core Values at all times
The above areas, responsibility and activities reflect the items considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. To summarize, it is not the intention of this Role Description to limit the scope or responsibilities of the above-mentioned, but to highlight the most important aspects of your tasks and position. It is an essential role responsibility that you are committed to your job and the success of our Resort, and maintain a willingness to accept total flexibility of jobs and duties throughout the hotel.
From time to time the company may require you to perform other duties not listed in this job description or not within your scope of work but which is required to ensure the continuous operation of the company.