Sales Manager Corporate
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003GJT
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location W Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Sales Manager (corporate)
Start your career as Sales Manager at W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Lounge. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
And here’s the exciting part - we are looking for a Sales Manager who is passionate about W, passionate about style and innovation.
It is critical that the Sales Manager represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. They, like the rest of our ‘talent’ are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
The Sales Manager reports to the assistant Director of Sales, W Amsterdam.
· Main responsibility of driving the business travel segment, managing existing as well as new corporate accounts in addition to driving and maximizing group & banqueting revenues from such accounts.
· New business development and key account management to drive revenues towards the hotel, this includes prospecting, negotiations and contracting.
· Proactively uncover new prospects for the Hotel, and maximizing conversion of business in line with Hotels budgetary goals
· Representing Marriott International promoting the quality image of the company at every opportunity, and uncovering additional leads for the property will be a key function of this role
· Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required (together with ADOS/DOS)
· Develop rates and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management
· Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings
· To develop action plans for achievement of room night and average rate goals mainly for corporate segment
· To carry out focused and innovate promotional activity e.g. fam trips, educational site inspections, mailings and incentives
· To prepare and participate in sales blitzes, trade shows, workshops and sales trips as appropriate with a proper documented follow up
· To maintain full and accurate knowledge of competitive sets of the Amsterdam hotels
· To prepare reports as required by Marriott International, including Sales Incentive targets
· Professionally represent the hotel at community and industry organizations and events
· Participate as team player with other departments and own team to work towards excellent guest service
· Experience in a similar position, preferably hotel industry
· Fluent English and Dutch written and spoken
You possess high levels of organizational skills and efficiency and are able to work under pressure. As "Talent" you represent the W lifestyle to our guests. You are the heart inside the brand - you bring it to life. We don't call W employees "Talent" for nothing. Creative. Exciting. Innovative.
W Talent are naturally attracted to the Brand - they "get it". W Talent are as unique as the brand itself, and cultivate the witty, whimsical, cool W environment. We push the envelope, raise the bar, and strive to be the best.
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge. You thrive from working in a high pressure environment, are independent and proactive. You are a team player and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well.
This is an exciting role for an existing Sales Manager looking for a role where they can establish a new brand and new hotel in the Amsterdam scene.