Kids Club Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003G4U
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location Al Messila, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Doha, Doha, Qatar VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Manages overall operations of Health Club and . Responsible for guest and employee satisfaction as well as meeting standards and financial goals. Develops and implements marketing strategies for fitness assessment center and health programs.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Health Club and Operations
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Develops and implements menu of classes and services, including special programs.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Manages outside vendors.
• Orders and maintains necessary supplies and ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Manages pool areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness.
• Ensures all facilities are in appropriate operating condition.
• Schedules work/repairs as needed with the Engineering Department.
• Maintains and enforces safety standards and procedures with the recreation staff.
• Ensures appropriate fees are charged to guests and that proper cash handling procedures are followed by all members of the recreation staff.
• Manages operating budget.
• Assists with major equipment purchases.
• Provides special programming for holiday weekends and heavy transient time periods.
• Plans and implements special recreational opportunities for resort guests as business demands.
• Develops and implements marketing strategies for fitness assessment center and health programs.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Monitors quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Oversees all Human Resources activities in the Recreation Department.
• Oversees employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results, and ensures corrective action is taken when needed.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Hires, trains, and monitors development of recreation staff.
• Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
• Coordinates all training activities for employees in department.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.