Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003E00
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location AC Hotel Cape Town Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We’re looking for cultural innovators to join our team. If you are someone who has an inner creativity and love for art, design and culture, then we invite you to explore a career with AC Hotels.
- 2 years’ experience as a cleaner or steward working in a similar hospitality environment
- Ability to work without supervision
- Customer / staff focused
- Team orientation
- Able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock.
- Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas.
- Use detergent, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals to clean dishes.
- Rack and spray all racked items with hot water to loosen and remove food residue.
- Sort, soak, and wash/re-wash silverware.
- Empty and maintain trashcans and dumpster area.
- Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments.
- Dispose of glass in the proper containers.
- Break down cardboard boxes and place them and other recyclables in the recycle bin.
- Protect company assets.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.