Senior Food and Beverage Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003DXC
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Preston Marriott Hotel, Preston, Lancashire VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
· Responds quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
· Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives.
· Provides excellent customer service.
· Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
· Provides excellent customer service to all associates.
· Oversees F&B supervisors and associates.
· Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and hotel meetings.
· Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the manager.
· Creates and nurtures a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
· Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based on AOS/GSS results.
· Oversees Food and Beverage Services Operations.
· Participates in key decisions for department with the F and B services Manager
· Helps to sets clear expectations with the associates and ensures that appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
· Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
· Responds quickly and proactively to associate's concerns.
· Understands the brand's service culture.
· Ensures that all associates, supervisors understand the brand's service culture.
· Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
· Complies with all company accounting procedures.
· Ensures staff understands local and national liquor licensing legislation.
· Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
· Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
· Ensures associates receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
· Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
· Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
· Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all operational areas including stores.
· Acts as the guest service role model for the department, set a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
· Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
· Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations
· Supports the performance reviews process and completes as appointed in a timely manner.
· Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
· Helps to manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
· Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall hotel financial goals.
· Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
· Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
· Support the F and B services manager in interviewing and hiring of hourly associates with the appropriate skills to match the needs of the business.
· Develop, maintains and reviews a departmental orientation programme for all new associates to ensure that they are trained successfully to carry out the requirements of the job.
· Ensure floats are counted and balanced at start and end of shift and they are secure at all times. Blind Banking procedures are followed along with all local and Marriott policies and procedures.
· Follows company’s policies and procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.