Roosterfish Beach Club Sales Specialist Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003DTW
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa, Bali, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Sales Specialist Manager is part of an important team that creates and executes property-level communications to our customers. Under the leadership of the Beach Club General Manager, this role promotes on-brand messaging to customers through traditional, digital, and social media channels all with the goal of enhancing the image of the Beach Club. This role helps build direct marketing plans, targeted campaigns, and activated channels to the end of driving consumer awareness and preference, increasing market share, and building broader portfolio and brand awareness. This role focuses on showcasing Food and Beverage promotions, both to Beach Club guests and to local patrons. As part of the Beach Club Leadership team, this role is fully connected into resources in their region; liaise and build deep partnerships with their regional eCommerce and Marketing teams to verify all local, social, and digital marketing efforts are effectively integrated with the selling efforts for the organization. This role also gets to do a little bit of everything, from balancing traditional and digital marketing and eCommerce activities to contributing to public relations (PR) activities for the Beach Club. Success is measured by how well they drive the sales and revenue strategy of the property, social media engagement and also by how effectively leveraged the resources around them are to create truly compelling marketing and communications campaigns.
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves sales goals.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Beach Club Marketing and Advertising
· Executes annual marketing plan to budget, in consultation with the Beach Club GM and cluster marketing and ecommerce teams.
· Partners with Hotel Management Operations, Food & Beverage and Sales teams to execute promotions and campaigns to target in-house guests with promotions that drive incremental revenue to the Beach Club.
· Acts as the liaison between the marketing department and advertising agency on the tactical advertising campaigns' creative and media plans, particularly for food and beverage promotions.
· Manages Beach Club media schedules and verifies prompt settlement of accounts.
· Partners with property Revenue Management to verify correct offer loading, verifying advertisement targeting is correctly directed at relevant consumer groups
· Executes email marketing, and display advertising.
· Maintains frequent, active engagement with Cluster eCommerce manager to verify alignment, pull-through, and 2-way communication about the status, performance evaluation, opportunities, and issues related to online programs and initiatives.
· Verifies all advertising for the Beach Club in digital channels is in alignment with brand voice.
Social Media Content Management
· Facilitates social media engagement and updating content in local digital channels (e.g., Beach Club website, travel sites).
· Develops and executes promotions campaign in F&B, weddings, spa, rooms and conferences through relevant digital and social media channels.
· Engages in proactive online reputation management by surfacing relevant guest comments (positive or negative) in social media channels and responds accordingly.
Public Relations and Visual Asset Management
· Develops a comprehensive PR plan per quarter along with agency and and executes post sign-off from GM.
· Maintains a comprehensive list of local media contracts, with particular emphasis on food critics and bloggers.
· Manages assigned accounts as per the media account management system.
· Writes and distributes all press releases for property events, promotions, and outlets.
· Manages the execution of Beach Club sponsored events, community/government relations activities, and press promotional activities.
· Supports pull through of impactful PR strategy & activities to drive quality press coverage through media engagement, in alignment with communications objectives.
· Verifies the news clippings and other online, print, and social media mention report is completed on a monthly basis for property distribution.
· Manages external vendors and media agencies; works with agency partners and continent PR leader to identify strategic media buys for their Beach Club(s).
· Surfaces and vets PR leads from the continent PR Leader regarding which are the best media to promote the Beach Club.
· Supports the co-ordination of photography for F&B advertising, collateral and public relations purposes between the Beach Club, advertising agency and the regional field marketing teams.
· Manages photo shoots for seasonal or festive promotions in partnership with the cluster or area marketing team.
· Acts as central point of contact for regionally approved local photographers for food, amenity, and property imagery; coordinates with area or cluster marketing to verify all photography adheres to brand voice.
Direct Marketing and Collateral Development
· Coordinates and executes Beach Club and F&B printed materials.
· Controls quantity and inventory of all Beach Club marketing collateral and verifies copies are filed in a comprehensive manner.
· Assists in the production of all property, F&B display, and temporary signage in Beach Club public areas.
· Promotes collection of competitors collateral and publicity on a monthly basis.
· Manages the execution of F&B direct marketing activities.
· Verifies all collateral is as per brand standard guidelines and in compliance with Brand Standard Audit (BSA).
· Assists and manages the development, co-ordination and execution of all communications activities with a strong emphasis on property F&B promotions and campaigns.
· Helps with the publication of Beach Club’s newsletter(s).
· Supports communications duties and functions as deemed necessary.
· Assists in the liaison and execution of joint F&B promotions.
· Works with eCommerce to verify the Beach Club’s website and related websites are updated on a regular basis.
· Partners with Director of Marketing to create marketing plan aligned to Beach Club sales and revenue strategy.
· Provides training and marketing leadership and act as a marketing subject matter expert for GMs, Sales Leaders and Managers, and Revenue leaders.
· Coordinates with property and above property eCommerce and Revenue Management teams to report success of property marketing and eCommerce performance.
· Keeps abreast of competition and its collateral, advertising, and marketing efforts and constantly evolving digital and marketing trends.
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
· Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
· Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
· Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
· Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
· Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Managing Sales Activities
· Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
· Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
· Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
· Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
· Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
· Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
· Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
· Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
· Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
· Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the company.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations; Driving Revenue Generation by building strong market base.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
o Devising Sales Strategies and Solutions - Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales strategies that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
o Sales Ability: Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
o Sales Call Facilitation - Ensuring that a call serves its sales objectives; maximizing the productiveness of interactions by monitoring and building on customers’ cues.
o Sales Coaching - Providing timely coaching, guidance, and feedback to help others excel on the job and meet key accountabilities.
o Sales Disposition - Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize successful salespersons; exhibiting behavior styles that facilitate adaptation to the demands of the sales role.
o Sales Implementations - Driving and supporting the implementation of sales strategies and systems; seeking and taking appropriate actions on feedback; taking responsibility for implementation success.
o Sales Opportunity Analysis - Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customers’ business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.