Franchised Restaurant Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003DTM
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Providence Marriott Downtown, Providence, Rhode Island VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://usr55.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/mjh/Site/PROVIDENCEPORTAL/Posting/View/452
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Meyer Jabara Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The ideal candidate will oversee The Bluefin Grille, The Bluefin Bar/Lounge and the hotel's Room Service operation, which generates combined revenues of $2,000,000 annually. The Bluefin Grille, a fine dining Seafood Restaurant is a hideaway of casual elegance located in the Marriott Providence Downtown. The cuisine is globally inspired, utilizing fresh local ingredients with an emphasis on responsibly caught seafood.
- Coordinate the activities of the restaurant, bar and room service staff and to deliver quality product and service to all customers.
- Interview, select, train, counsel and discipline restaurant, bar and room service staff for the efficient operation of each outlet. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes. Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations. Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Move through facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Maintain profitability of each outlet to support overall hotel operation. Control payroll and equipment costs (minimize loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
- Utilize computer / POS to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence. Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures using complex series of key-punches to program system.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
- Conduct competitive research and report trends and recommendations.
- Support the entire Food & Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing.
- Provide clean and safe environment by assigning and assisting with cleaning.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Individuals must possess and demonstrate the ability to interact with all guests, internal and external, effectively with tact and diplomacy in line with property's service standards.
- Thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Embraces change in day to day tasks to create success
- Supports teamwork to achieve better results more efficiently
- Contributes and maintains an environment to go above and beyond to satisfy all guests
- Makes decisions on what is best for all stakeholders, our owners, guests and associates
- Ability to create distinctive, memorable experiences for your guests
- Comfortable with making empowered decisions
- Applies a leadership mentality and takes charge when necessary
Qualification Standards & Education:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High School diploma required, college degree preferred.
Position requires 2+ years previous Food & Beverage, Restaurant and supervisory experience.
Demonstrated leadership qualities.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Food Service Sanitation Certification, TIPS Certification required, CPR certification preferred.
Highly professional appearance, ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. (specific standards available) OTHER: Additional language ability preferred.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.