Service Express Attendant – In Room Dining
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003CRP
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World™
The Westin Melbourne hotel is an oasis in the heart of the city’s bustling Central Business District. With a commanding location on Collins Street, arguably Australia’s premier street, The Westin Melbourne preserves wellness in travel with a number of signature brand offerings including our Westin Heavenly® Beds, Gear Lending by New Balance®, and WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio.
Responsible for providing first impressions, our Service Express team are proactive, welcoming and true professionals at delighting our guests.
- Set all trays, collect and check orders and deliver food and beverages to guests promptly to maintain temperature and appearance
- Ensure guest billing, charge backs and dockets are completed accurately following hotel procedure
- Maintain hygienic food service techniques during service and promote a safe workplace by recognizing hazards and promoting general OHS practices
- Basic food preparation.
- Delivering amenities and other items to guest rooms.
- Deliver personal and instinctive guest experiences every day.
- Assist with other projects as requested by Shift Leaders and Managers.
- A friendly, guest focused attitude with passion for providing exceptional guest service
- Perform all duties to satisfy the Marriott “Business Ethics” value system of integrity, fairness, respect, honesty and trust.
- Uphold Westin standards and the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Organized, proactive and enjoys working with the public and in a team environment.
- Must have the flexibility to work on a rotating roster including public holidays and weekends as well as regular early morning and evening shifts and occasional overnight shifts.
- Victorian RSA required prior to commencement.
- Experience in a similar role preferred but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career with an exciting, vibrant and growing company. In return for your dedication and commitment, you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and engaged team.
Excellent benefits include:
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, Family and Friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
- Associate recognition and training programs
- Discounted CBD parking
- Strategic career development opportunities
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.