Mgr-Event II (NE)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003CGA
Job Category Event Management
Location JW Marriott Hotel Medan, Medan, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles less complex property events. Works with his/her supervisor to ensure their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service and back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Event Operations
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands off to Event Operations for the execution of details.
• Acts as the liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, and post-event).
• Verifies hourly associates understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Verifies billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
• Participates in customer meetings for assigned groups with guidance from his/her supervisor.
• Monitors group room blocks and meeting space of small assigned groups.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Encourages associates to provide excellent customer service.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations under the guidance of his/her supervisor.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
• Works with his/her supervisor to oversee the customer experience from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Follows-up with customer post-event.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Participates in various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
• Alerts his/her supervisor to operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with his/her supervisor determines how to best solve these challenges.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner's experience.
• Participates in pre- and post- event meetings as required to review and communicate group needs and feedback.
• Works with the property staff and customers to address operational challenges associated with his/her group.
• Participates in activities to improve service performance using his/her evaluation of the issue and resolution.
Supporting the Sales and Marketing Function
• Assists with the sales process as necessary.
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Works under the guidance of his/her supervisor to forecast group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.