Night Manager Edinburgh Marriott Hotel
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003C3W
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Edinburgh Marriott Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Serves as the property Night Manager oversees all property operations, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Manages the safety and security of the hotel in the absence of the hotel manager.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations
· Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
· Ensures supervisors maintain adequate levels of department supplies.
· Ensures all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in employee handbook).
· Ensures employees are working in a safe environment.
· Manages all period-end inventories.
· Directs, monitors, and assists all overnight staff.
· Ensures guest tracking scores and employee opinion survey goals are achieved.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
· Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
· Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
· Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
· Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
· Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
· Ensures all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
· Manages employee hours.
· Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
· Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
· Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
· Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
· Ensures all employees are trained on specific aspects of their job and are aware of all resources to assist them in problem solving.
· Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
· Ensures all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
· Ensures constant communication takes place between employees, supervisors and management.
· Provides orientation for new employees and ensuring all information is entered into computer.
· Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
· Encourages employee relations through gifts, parties, outings.
· Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the property.
· Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.
· Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
· Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
· Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.