Guest Services Manager - Nights
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003AK4
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, 27 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at Find Your World.™
Sheraton Melbourne Hotel is located on Little Collins Street between Spring Street and Exhibition Street, also referred to as the "Paris End" owing to its Art Nouveau architecture, leafy surrounds and proximity to the city's most chic dining and shopping experiences. The hotel is located within the 31 storey "wavilinear" building which features 174 deluxe guest rooms and luxury suites. Hotel facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness center, a spa with 5 dedicated treatment rooms, one all day dining restaurant, lobby lounge bar and a rooftop terrace bar. The hotel also features 669 square meters of meetings and banquet space over 6 flexible rooms.
The Guest Services Manager is part of the Front Office department and is responsible for the smooth coordination and supervision of the entire Front Office area including Guest Services, Bell Desk, and Concierge, and acts as the Management representative of the Hotel.
· Champion personalized guest experiences in the Hotel
· Ensure the smooth running of the Front Office department during a shift
· Act as a management representative to ensure complete guest satisfaction
· Meeting and greeting VIP guests on arrival
· Thoroughly investigate safety, security and emergency matters, guest issues and room and account discrepancies
· Complete accurate and detailed recording of information and distribute it to the appropriate parties
· Assist the Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms in training staff according to the Sheraton standards
· Delegate daily tasks to the team, coach and counsel staff to be at their best and maintain a positive work atmosphere
· Assist all departments of the hotel
· The ideal candidate will possess experience in a similar role and is looking to further develop their career and become part of the growing Marriott family in Melbourne.
· You will have the ability to lead by example, have a positive demeanor and possess a passion for providing exceptional customer service.
· Candidates will demonstrate initiative and have advanced communication, organisational and problem solving skills.
· Candidates must be available to work on a 24/7 roster including holidays and weekends and have experience using the OPERA software.
Working for Sheraton is so much more than just a job – it’s a lifestyle. Come and join us!
* We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly. Only candidates with unrestricted working rights in Australia will be considered for this role.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.