Assistant Guest Relations Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180039FM
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The Assistant Guest Relations Manager is responsible for maintaining 100% reliability in the recognition of all JW Marriott guests visiting the hotel, and for informing all hotel departments of the VIP guests’ arrivals; (un)expressed special needs, requests, and personal preferences and for creating loyalty versus satisfied guests.
S/he is responsible for training and continuously energizing the Guest Recognition process throughout the hotel. The Asst. Guest Relations Manager is also responsible to ensure Lobby presence during all times.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – 2
- Titles of Direct Reports – Guest Relations Team – Leaders, Guest Relations Supervisor
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience as Assistant Guest relations Manager / Assistant Front Desk Manager or related department within a five star hotel.
- Strong ability to forge professional relationships with guest, co-workers and leaders.
- Ability to maintain hotel’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Professional image and personality including confidence.
- Leadership skills, thinking clearly, quickly and making decisions.
- Team player, working well with other departments and co-workers.
- Full Comprehension of software used including MARSHA, Opera.
- Ability to go the extra mile, to provide the extra attention in order to satisfy guests’ individual needs and wants.
- Should be creative, innovative and strive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to motivate staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to handle all disciplinary counseling as necessary according to JW Marriott Employee Hand Book.
- Ability to maintain positive, professionally represent and engaging relations with guests and co-worker.
- Organized and focused in high stress situations
- Proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in English language – both written and spoken. Any additional language preferably Arabic is an advantage
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guests.
- Ability to overcome objections, understand and respond appropriately to guest inquiries and needs while remaining calm and courteous.
- Ability to multi task and take on cross functional tasks when required.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to direct and supervise others.
- Ability to train and develop others.
- Initiate and Involve in additional projects and duties as assigned by leaders and ability to match the deadline.
- College Education or equivalent hospitality studies required
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Oversee the arrival experience for all VIPs and Transportation guests; Room Blockings, Meet and Greet, Check In, Rooming of the VIP guests.
- Maintain appropriate Lobby Coverage at peak times, ensuring all time of the day coverage through Guest Relations Team.
- Establish a positive relationship with repeat guests whilst maintaining a professional and attentive manner.
- All preferences, special requests, complaints and general notes are to be updated in the guest profile for future reference.
- Look for ways to continuously improve the Guest Relations process and provide lateral service to other departments to assist them with enhancements to the Guest Recognition process.
- Assist the Guest Relations Manager to coordinate audit of important guests being noted through reservation on regular basis.
- Ensure guests are assigned the correct VIP status and pre-arrival planning is properly done and actioned appropriately.
- Oversee room blockings, ensuring guest preferences are taken into account. Coordinate with relevant departments ensuring no delay at Check In.
- Ensure amenities / room drops are arranged, organized and placed prior to guest arrival, coordinating effectively with relevant departments.
- Assist with problem resolution where appropriate, follows up when necessary. Ensure records are updated through Guestware and Manager on Duty’s reports.
- Perform daily quality checks to ensure all reservations have been handled according to the JW Marriott Marquis standards
- Maintain confidentiality of all guest information.
- Monitor ongoing training with existing staff and ensure that new staff is certified as required.
- Manages day to day activities, ensure the quality, standards and expectations are met and exceeded at all times.
- Serve as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
- Empower associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure associates understand and deliver guest expectations.
- Initiate and Involve in additional projects and duties as assigned by leaders and ensure the tasks are done within the deadline
- Knowledgeable and comply with hotel policies
- Fully aware of the day’s arrivals & their preferences, hotel facilities and promotions, occupancy & rooms rates
- Assist Guest Relations Manager for managing the operations and admin tasks including conducting performance appraisals, job chats of designated staff ensuring development plans are in place and used.
- Ensure effective coaching and counselling methods are used.
- Ensure progressive discipline is utilized when required.
- Understand fully the standards and procedures of Front Office, and Guest Relations and sub departments.
- Lead and direct the Guest Relations team.
- Monitor system, equipment and lack of stationary challenges and coordinate with internal and external partners to rectify the situation immediately.
- Perform ad hoc on-the-job individual and team trainings as needed to ensure that all team members have the adequate product knowledge and coordinate with related departments.
- Ensure Guest Relations Team attends all mandatory trainings.
- Conduct ongoing training with existing staff and ensure that new staff is certified as required.
- Assist employees wherever necessary in performing all job functions.
- Drive the Guest Relations Brand Standards and appropriate engagement and communication with guests and colleagues
- Monitor and ensure that employees perform their job functions to the hotel’s expected level of service.
- Compile and distribute all Managers on Duty Reports as requested.
- Oversee and ensure all VIP information is communicated effectively through the Daily Rehearsal and emails.
- Ensure that all pertinent information is provided to guests and colleagues.
- Ensure that all communication with guests and colleagues is complete, accurate, engaging and positive.
- Ensure and emphasize prompt solutions and reporting of any guest incidents during the shift.
- Attend daily line-ups and communicate all challenges, successes and operational information with the rest of the team
- Show respect to diversity by using only official language “English” at work place.
- Review and evaluate processes, revise if necessary. Come up with out of the box ideas, worthy of being bench marked in the company.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of department equipment and supplies.
- Participate in related project teams
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.