Front Office Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180039FJ
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Supervise front desk associates to ensure all hotel policies, procedures, regulations and standards are followed.
Ensuring that front desk operations runs smoothly in a professional manner at all times.
Perform all front desk related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required.
Ensure appropriate and adequate training of all front desk associates including all on-the-job, off-the-job and 15min training.
Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs;
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 1
- Titles of Direct Reports – Front Desk Agent/Team Leader
- Previous experience working within a Front Office hotel environment in the 5 star/luxury market is essential
- Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months preferred
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- MICROS, OPERA, Guestware, Microsoft Office, FCS or telephone software and other related operating systems
- Flexible and ability to work around the clock
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and working to deadline skills
- Have a complete understanding of the Marriott Reward program
- Deliver trainings
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Be familiar with Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
- Have a thorough knowledge of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai products and services.
- Maintain good working relationship with all hotel departments.
- Have a good knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and direction to guests whenever needed.
- Check House Count to establish selling strategy for the shift. Monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
- Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings.
- Demonstrate and promote quality awareness amongst front office desk team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front desk associates.
- Ensure all require reports are printed, performed and filed according to the standards.
- Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper handling of all guest accounts.
- Supervise VIP and Marriott Rewards Elite member arrivals. Ensure meet and greet for Elite member.
- Ensure all guest requests are met and special requirements/preferences are taken into account.
- Ensure that all arrivals, departures, no shows, extensions, amendments and OPERA related matters are performed on a timely manner in order to avoid further confusion.
- Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
- Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance. Inform your manager and concerned departments about any possible credit risks.
- Be familiar and promote Marriott Rewards Program and encourage all front office associates in order to achieve monthly target.
- Have a thorough knowledge on virtual concierge and ensure that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to other departments.
- Supervise accurate and thorough Bucket Check.
- Encourage all associates to keep working areas clean and tidy.
- Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, Guestware and other front office related operational software.
- Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the front office operations
- Participate in the training and development of front desk associates and provide training to associates when necessary
- Be aware of remedial steps to be taken to rectify Housekeeping discrepancies.
- Support and practice Empowerment within front office
- Understand all front office sections and their operational requirements.
- Run the night operations for the hotel; ensure proper closing of the day and delivery of the reports.
- Identify and resolve guests problems efficiently and resolve to the guest satisfaction
- Have a thorough knowledge of all Emergency Procedures
- Supervise guest registration and all relevant registration details required by the UAE law.
- Assuring that all front office receptionists are continually updated with hotel rates, packages and discounts
- Have a thorough knowledge of Visa policy and procedures and assist in absence of visa coordinator.
- Supervise compliance of FO Receptionists in Cash handling procedures to maintain an accurate float.
- Regularly conduct PCI audits in order to ensure compliance according to Marriott International standards.
- Be security conscious at all times and inform Manager on Duty of anything suspicious.
- Prepare and ensure timely delivery of daily reports to other departments as well as executive office
- Assist in maintaining of bulletin board, or other visual representation, to note any outstanding issues, supply shortages within front office department.
- Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management
- Be flexible according to the business need
- Have an excellent approach to customer service
- Have strong organizational skills; always practice “Clean as you go”
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.