Senior Nights Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180039BD
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, Manchester, Cheshire VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Ideally located amongst the Cheshire countryside minutes from an International Airport the 4 star Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel embodies a unique mix of Manchester energy and Cheshire charm. It has evolved into an exclusive hotel that is vibrant and stylish with our newly designed Lounge Bar and Restaurant. Experience our hotels exclusive Executive Lounge and new richly appointed non-smoking Executive Bedrooms, with our luxurious Marriott bedding package. Indulge in our hotels Leisure Club and Four Seasons Spa offering massages, waxing, facials and more, worlds away from the stress of the day.
The Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel has an amazing opportunity become available for a Full Time Senior Nights Supervisor to join our team.
Our Senior Night Supervisor oversees the supervision of the Front Office Team to ensure that team members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
What will I be doing?
As Senior Night Supervisor you will oversee the supervision of the Front Office Team to ensure that team members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out. The Senior Nights Supervisor is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
· Serve as a point of contact for regular and VIP Guests
· Complete Night Audit duties
· Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
· Understand and demonstrate correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
· Represent the Hotel Manager and other senior managers in their absence, taking full responsibility of the hotel
· Manage, record and promptly resolve issues or emergencies that arise
· Demonstrate current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area
· Act in accordance with all security and emergency procedures and manage the instigation of these, as required
· Compile adequate handover to Early staff / Duty Manager
· Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Night Team's training and development efforts
· Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
· Conduct annual and mid-year Appraisals with Team Members
· Conduct Health and Safety Checks and Night Walks, and maintain a good status awareness of all hotel areas
· Assist other departments, as necessary
The most important thing to us at Marriott Hotels is that we maintain our sense of Family.
Marriott is the largest Hotel Company in the World and they have people at the core of their values, the Marriott belief is that if we take care of our associates, they will take care of our customers and our customers will return. Here is an example of some of the benefits we offer:
- Employee and Family and Friends discount stay rates in all hotels
- Extensive employee benefits including major high street discounts
- Free meals on duty
- Free tailored uniforms and laundry service
- Social activities and team celebration events throughout the year
- Incremental holiday allowance based on service
- Training and development programmes
- Flexible benefits to help outside of work including access to an Employee Assistance Scheme to help navigate through life’s challenges.