Assistant Accounts Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180039B3
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Courtyard Pune Chakan, Pune, Maharashtra VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Provides total account management support for assigned property accounts. By applying the principles of strategic account management, this position will partner with Sales and Marketing leadership, and the property Leadership team, to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from their assigned accounts. Executes the overall account strategy for assigned accounts to generate and maximize business for the property. As an Account Manager, this individual will develop strong partnerships with buyers for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for hotel. The position will focus specifically on growing market share from transient and group revenue.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Markets & Maximizing Revenue
• Develops and implements the overall account strategy for assigned accounts.
• Retains, expands and grows account revenue of existing accounts through total account penetration, margin management, and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives.
• Penetrates assigned accounts for group and transient.
• Explores opportunities for extended stay and catering sales business.
• Identifies and aggressively solicits new accounts in coordination with any relevant Sales and Marketing colleagues and Above Property Sales.
• Builds and strengthens Accounts with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans.
• Understands the overall market dynamics - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell to assigned accounts.
• Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks within assigned accounts and provides feedback to key stakeholders (i.e. property Leadership).
• Achieves account revenue and sales goals as defined by Leadership.
• Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and responds with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
Conducting Daily Sales Activities
• Executes sales strategy to achieve property goals.
• Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicits specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Maintains current business Accounts for new business within accounts.
• Develops and achieves operating budgets and manage controllable expenses.
• Establishes and maintains accurate and up-to-date customer, account and opportunity data each account in Opera Sales and Catering to ensure accurate reporting.
• Participates in and practice daily service basics of the brand (i.e., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard Basics of the Day).
• Leverages methodologies, technical and business knowledge across the market.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (e.g., GM Reception, Concierge Level hospitality, etc).
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations.
• Serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Serves as the account’s “local service guarantee” by ensuring that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
• Acts as the customer’s advocate through understanding account needs and opportunities.
• Effectively resolves guest issues that arise in the sales process; brings issues to the attention of property leadership.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a Account and loyalty to Marriott International.
Building Successful Relationships
• Collaborates and engages third parties that are sourced through the organization for their individual travel or group planning needs.
• Leverages appropriate Above Property Sales and property Leadership to ensure account saturation, pull-through of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
• Develops a close working Account with Operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
• Leverages all available sales channels, (e.g., marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices, etc), in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
• Conducts and coordinates site inspections for hotels, as required.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.