MICE Account Director, Milan Cluster
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180039A3
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Westin Palace, Milan, Milan, Milano VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Builds the department top line revenue by adhering to sales strategy guidelines set forth by the Director of Sales. Identifies revenue opportunities for the hotels based on the event profile.
- Meets and exceeds individual revenue goals. Effectively manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs, and identify opportunities to up-sell products and services throughout the sales process.
- Understands the overall market in which they sell - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, etc. Conducts customer site inspections
- Excels at proactive selling. Targets key accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation. Proactively identifies, qualifies, and solicits new business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals. Focuses on accounts with larger potential sales revenue.
- Responds to incoming inquiries within their market segment.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotels based on market conditions.
- Accurately forecasts group sleeping rooms and revenue for his/her groups prior to the turnover and continues to be a part for this process after the turnover.
- Creates sales contracts as required.
- Comprehends budgets as needed to assist in the financial management of department. Understands the impact of department's role in the overall hotel financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction and builds long terms mutually beneficial customer relationships to support future revenue growth.
- Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details. Follows up with customer post-event.
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process. Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the catering & conference services department for the execution of details. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality and ensures consistent, high level service throughout all phases of each hotel events. Ensures products and services sold to the Event Planners meet or exceed their expectations, create loyalty and leads to increased market share.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. Effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures ladies and gentleman understand expectations and parameters.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with leaders. Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Opera to capture and manage customer information on a daily basis.
- Applies broad business knowledge and balances both a short- and long-term perspective to generate strategies while leading the organization to achieve them.
- Holds self and others accountable for achieving results.
- Addresses conflict in a timely manner.
- Contributes to team results.
- Deals with change effectively.
- Makes decisions, including employees/team and commits to a course of action with available information.
- Eliminates insular thinking by fostering a positive climate for work relationships and teams committed to achieving organizational goals and initiatives.
- Treats people fairly, with dignity and respect.
- Works to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other employees or groups.
- Demonstrates business ethics and personal integrity, i.e., is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
- Listens and responds to others.
- Is interested in other’s views even if they counter own views.
- Proactively ensures that others have the accountability, authority and resources necessary to both manage work execution and drive for results.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, etc.).
- Effectively uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
- Approaches work with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Allocates time and resources effectively when faced with competing demands.
- Overcomes obstacles to accomplish challenging objectives.
- Follows through on inquiries, requests, and complaints.
- Proactively identifies and develops talent within the organization.
- Analyzes candidate’s job-related themes, skills and competencies to ensure each placement decision maximizes team dynamics and talent utilization.
- Discusses problems immediately with others before they are forgotten or get out of control.
- Actively pursues self-development.
- Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth; shares learning; demonstrates depth of knowledge in technical or specialized area
- Acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for professional improvement.
- Shares leanings, innovations, and best practices with others.
- Is willing to learn from others.
- Performs all technical/procedural requirements of the job.
- Cash handling: Handle all duties according to policies, procedures, internal rules and standards of the three properties. Conform to cash handling procedures at all times.
- All functions required for the proper performance of the Job Position.
- Experience: Must have (5+) years of progressive sales experience.