Franchised - Management
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800398C
Job Category Brand Management
Location Courtyard DeLand Historic Downtown, Deland, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Avista Properties, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through sales and revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with management company and franchise standards for personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, and room rates
- Delivers outstanding guest service and financial performance
- Delegates authority and assigns responsibility to all employees; supervises work activities of all employees
- Ensure staff receives proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and assists in budget planning
- Monitors cost controls for each department on a regular basis
- Inspects guests' rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance
- Answers patrons' complaints and resolves problems to maintain Guest Satisfaction
- Handles and resolves employee issues
- Conducts annual wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
- Ensures bank deposits are made daily
- Ensures employee paperwork, work schedules and payroll are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Audits daily reports and processes monthly reports
- Order supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance with company procedures
- Must be in close proximity so available to manage hotel situations/emergencies
- A minimum of five years hands on experience as a hotel General Manager is required.
- Ideal candidate will have a sound background in sales, operations, yield management, revenue management, financial reporting and delegation.
- Prior Marriott/Courtyard franchise experience is preferred
- This is an excellent opportunity for a proven leader looking for a quality, team-oriented, profitable property.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
This company is an equal opportunity employer.