Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180036D5
Job Category Reservations
Location The Westin Melbourne, 205 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World™
The Westin Melbourne hotel is an oasis in the heart of the city's bustling Central Business District. With a commanding location on Collins Street, arguably Australia's premier street, The Westin Melbourne preserves wellness in travel with a number of signature brand offerings including our Westin Heavenly® Beds, Gear Lending by New Balance®, and WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio.
The Reservations department provides consistent and professional service in all aspects of internal and external communications. This department ensures all reservations are inputted in a timely manner.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Reservations & Revenue Manager, we are looking for an experienced and dynamic Reservations Agent. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handling and processing reservations and inquiries from all booking channels
- Pre-arrival check to ensure guest history is linked and relevant booking information is updated. Make sure all the booking payments are clear and guest preferences are taken care of including room allocation, amenities and other special requirements
- Follow up on No-Shows and late cancelations and process charges appropriately
- Check bookings made yesterday from all channels and make sure all the profiles get updates and booking comments have been reviewed and actioned.
- Swift communication with Starwood Customer Contact Centres, SPG and CEM Teams to ensure a seamless guest experience
- Work closely with other members of the Reservations team, to generate incremental revenue via upselling, promoting hotel F&B Venues and other hotel services and amenities. Fluent in selling room packages and higher room type
- Close communication with relevant teams to ensure every guest has a smooth arrival experience. To share any special guest information, preferences and instructions within the Reservations Team as well as with other departments
- Responds to general enquiries through the telephone, facsimile and email. Handling Reservation inbox and make sure all the emails are attended in the shift and/or within 24 hours
- Assist reservation manager in inventory control by balancing inventory and managing overbooking
- To have extensive knowledge of all hotel services and facilities to be ready to answer questions from in-house and outside guests
- To ensure guest complaints are brought to the attention of the management
- Assist in managing group reservation when needed. Able to handle room block monitoring, rooming lists, reporting pick up, VIP and upgraded accommodations, client correspondence relating to reservations and other group reservation functions
- Additionally, you will be required to assist Front Office including guest services and service express job when needed
- Previous experience in a Reservations Agent role in a 4 or 5 star hotel
- Knowledge of the Opera PMS system
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and work productively in a busy environment
- A creative flair
- Impeccable personal presentation
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career with an exciting, vibrant and growing company. In return for your dedication and commitment you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and engaged team.
Excellent benefits include:
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, Family and Friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
- Associate recognition and training programs
- Discounted CBD parking
- Strategic career development opportunities
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly.
Note: applicant must have Full Australian working rights for this role
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.