Franchised Head Concierge
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800356W
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, YTL Hotels & Properties (Manager Europe). The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Post Tittle: Head Concierge
Responsible to: Front Office Manager/Asst. Front Office Manager
Purpose of Job
- To assist in maintaining the highest standard of professionalism in all aspects of the operation.
- To achieve hotel standards and customer satisfaction goals, by overseeing all aspects of customer service and service standards.
- Ensuring exceptional guest experience on arrival and departure, luggage and all guest enquiries during their visit.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure guest satisfaction aligned with the companys overall mission, vision, values & strategies.
- Assist with developing and implementing operational strategies that support the standards expected by the hotels guests.
- Ensure every guest receives an exceptionally warm welcome and fond farewell.
- Assist with the training, monitoring and continued review of the concierge team standards of personal presentation, operational procedures and customer service standards.
- Assist with create an environment for employees aligned with the company culture through constant communication and reinforcement.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company requirements for H&S, Food Safety, Risk Assessments, licensing laws, Disability, & ensure all employee legislation is strictly adhered and team members are trained accordingly.
- Keep up to date with guests satisfaction, constantly seeking opportunities to follow-up on their experience.
- Keep up to date with internal and external information, such as the hotels menus, etc, together with local news and events.
- Achievement of customer satisfaction & loyalty goals, measured through mystery guests reports & customer feedback.
- Achievement of employee satisfaction and retention goals, measured through reviews, appraisals & staff satisfaction surveys.
- Achievement of Health & Safety Audit scores in-line with Company standards.
- Focus on the customer: Seek to understand the internal/external customer and meet the needs of both the customer & the company.
- Foster teamwork: Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain the needs of the both the customer & the company.
- Take responsibility: Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
- Ensure the Guest Journey is in accordance with company standards.
- To ensure all customer queries are handled efficiently, effectively and successfully in order to maximise customer satisfaction.
- To maintain effective communication systems within the department to serve guests and other departments.
- To attend any meetings, training sessions, courses and workshops as requested.
- To maintain a neat and tidy working environment.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules regulations.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with co-workers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in ones voice, using the callers name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages and allowing the caller to end the call.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationship with other employees and departments.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping.
All staff must be conversant with the safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures and to adhere to them. They must understand their H&S responsibilities. They must take reasonable steps to ensure their own health and safety, and that of anyone else who may be affected by their actions. Any accident, hazard, incident, event or issue is to be reported to supervisor/manager for recording and for investigation thus permitting further control measures to be implemented. Any safety issues that cannot be dealt with are referred to a senior manager for action. Ensure that they and any of their staff are trained in their working activities and informed of health and safety procedures to ensure competency. Any identified training is duly completed. They should inform their manager/supervisor of any event / activity which they are not trained to deal with. When the fire alarm goes, you have some responsibility to help others in the area you are working. Direct people to come with you as you leave by the nearest exit and ensure that they and others move away from the building.
Policies and Procedure
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and co-workers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, name tags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.