Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800355K
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Courtyard San Diego Downtown, San Diego, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://careers-hhmlp.icims.com/jobs/19516/director-of-sales-and-marketing/job
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hersha Hospitality Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Opportunity: Director of Sales & Marketing
Develop and execute strategic sales and marketing plans against a defined hotel budget to maximize revenues through direct sales, marketing, e-commerce channels, public relations and community partnerships.
Potential Career Path
Area Director of Sales Regional Director of Sales Corporate Director of Sales VP Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Develop a strong Ecommerce presence managing internet market and social media opportunities and relationships.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Revenue Management to develop, communicate and implement sales strategies, mix of business, channel management, and pricing strategies.
- Use internal and external resources and data to develop strategic plans to incorporate all business segments.
- Understand sales and business processes, support corporate and hotel goals and contribute to enhancement of customer value.
- Identify customer business requirements and craft customer offers, which result in increased revenue share for the hotel.
- Monitor achievement of objectives for the sales team and take appropriate action to correct shortfalls versus the annual marketing plan.
- Achieve annual hotel revenue goals as agreed upon and established in the annual budget.
- Maintain hotel relationships with key accounts to increase customer satisfaction and account revenue.
- Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements.
- Articulate and leverage the benefits of the hotel to close sales opportunities.
- Prepare and maintain a current annual marketing plan with measurable and specific initiatives detailed to maintain and grow each business segment.
- Accept leadership responsibilities by modeling proper selling techniques, effective development of others and commitment to industry and personal development. Develop effective presentations (orally and written) where ideas, opinions, recommendations and conclusions are clearly understood.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to H EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Four-year college degree required; additional/advanced degree coursework in business administration, marketing and communications a plus.
- Previous sales experience in a comparable hotel size and scope required with operations experience preferred.
- Public relations and community marketing experience required.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word, Delphi and access database tools.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Moderate travel between hotel and clients locations required.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability Hearts That Serve Only Excellence Stay Nimble - Own It
This company is an equal opportunity employer.