Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003552
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator at London Marriott Hotel Park Lane will fully support the Director of Sales & Marketing as well as the Sales Team in the form of Marketing, PR, Digital Marketing, Social Media, Administration, Maintaining and/or updating databases, spreadsheets and assisting the Events team both in administrative duties and in special commercial-driven projects.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
This is a full time position at the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane.
· Previous experience within hotel industry – experience in Sales & Marketing or guest facing experience.
· Marriott Sales experience and understanding of Marriott systems is desirable but not essential.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Ability to understand and execute and support Marriott Customer Service Standards and Marriott Brand Standards
· Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service
· Possesses excellent telephone manor
· Basic selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively up sell products and services and can bring a sale to closure
· Knowledge of operations and associated challenges
· Knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient)
· Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
· Customer relationship skills
· Effective decision making skills & strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
· Presentation skills
· Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Strong organization skills
· Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems (e.g. OPERA, Marsha)
· Project management skills with the ability to connect with various stakeholders both internally and externally
· A natural and proven ability with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) and photography
· Superior analytical skills required as well as knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Experience with InDesign desired but not essential.
· Time management skills
Personal qualities & attributes
· Energy, enthusiasm and “can-do” attitude – essential
· Attention to detail is key
· Ability to prioritize actions and manages tasks through to completion
· Plans, organizes and uses a systematic approach to get things done
· Actively seeks opportunities to develop and learn from experience
Education or Certification:
· A strong level of English, both written and verbal is essential for this role.
· High school diploma or GED; experienced (1 - 2 years of experience) within Hotel Industry.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· Providing full administrative support to the Sales & Marketing team.
· Diary and e-mail management, running sales reports, preparing and editing presentations and arranging travel.
· Processing invoices, expenses and purchase orders.
· First point of contact for prospective clients, giving guided tours of the hotels facilities and finalizing booking arrangements.
· Networking with local businesses and building partnerships.
· Compiling daily sales reports using tools from MRDW, MarRFP and Sales Force.
· Organizing and attending FAM Trips / show rounds for the sales & marketing team.
· Supporting with meetings & events during holidays / sickness (training will be provided).
· Handle the processing of all orders with accuracy and timeliness.
· Inform clients of unforeseen delays or problems.
· Assist in the preparation and organizing of promotional material or events.
· Updating and maintaining hotel website and third party websites
· Supporting the sales team by overseeing design and printing of marketing materials such as flyers, brochures, posters and presentations
· Organising the production of branded items such as stationery and merchandise
· Responsibility for tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities
· Track competitor activity by keeping abreast of market changes and the marketing mix used by competitors
· Support the hotel and restaurant PR activities
· Support brand activation and ensure the brand experience comes alive through the hotel’s messaging and guest experience
· Develop a social media strategy and content calendar in line with the brand positioning and grow following
· Managing media inquiries coming though social media channels
· Run social media adverts
· Creation of still-photographs, videos and copyright for all social media channels
· Engage with guests on a daily basis by replying to comments and messages across all social media platforms
· Ensure full compliance with all Marriott & hotel brand marketing standards
· Keep informed about the latest trends and happenings
· Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports
· Take payments for groups and events according to the hotel policy
· Coordinating commission payments ensuring they are in line with Marriott policy
· Update and control forecast/budget and accounts books of the S&M and Events departments
· Support sales team on monthly basis to ensure financial reporting deadlines are met
· Make/update reservations via MARSHA, check availability and special corporate rates
· Write, update and submit Special Corporate agreements to the relevant stakeholder
· Processing a high volume of product orders
· Processing invoices for all sales transactions
· Checking prices and contracts are up to date
· Reporting monthly sales results to the sales team
· Supporting the sales force with general operations to help reach the team’s objectives
· Processing staff timesheets
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by management
· Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
· Working hours are 40 hours per week