Franchised Front Desk Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180032BC
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Courtyard Bowie, Bowie, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mial - firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hospitality Development Company, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- All shifts are needed: 7am - 3pm, 3pm - 11pm, 11pm - 7am
- As a Front Desk Agent, you will be responsible for taking care of guest requests and communicating it to the right department
- Uses proper telephone etiquette
- Using computer system for most functions, select and block rooms for arriving guests; pre-register individuals or groups as required
- Organize, confirm and process guest check-ins/check-outs; make change, and post charges to guest accounts
- Secure payment, verify and adjust billing as needed
- Provide guests with room and hotel information, directions, amenities and local interests
- Maintain an accurate bank balance assigned from the hotel, handling cash and credit transactions with detailed accuracy
- Quote and be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates
- Accept reservations, changes and cancellations, as needed
- Work closely with the Bistro personnel, maintenance and housekeeping staff to coordinate the efficient handling of guest requests, room availability and guest room issues
- Follow up on guest requests. Handle and resolve guest problems or complaints, using standards of service
- Coordinate with the housekeeping department of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins and special requests.
- Run daily reports, reviewing to see what needs to be communicated to the next shift
- Handle safety deposit box requests
- Complete key packets and vouchers in advance
- Complete cashier and closing reports, counting the bank at the end of each shift securely
- Have thorough knowledge of hotel facilities, room locations, room types, hours of operation and special service codes
- Handle hotel emergency procedures and situations with maturity and professionalism
- Perform tasks and projects as delegated by Managers
- You may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist in job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
- Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and guests
- Accept and record wake-up calls
- This role requires compliance with quality assurance expectations and standards. You may be required to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Previous front desk or hotel experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work with computer
- A warm, customer service oriented
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details
- Must be reliable and on time
This company is an equal opportunity employer.