Guest Service Agent | Front Office & Service Express
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003252
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The Westin Sydney is an award winning deluxe hotel set in the heart of Sydney's fashion and finance district. Part of the redevelopment of Sydney's historic General Post Office on Martin Place, this luxurious hotel is surrounded by Sydney's most exclusive designer shopping, best restaurants, theatres and nightlife. Uniquely combining Sydney's original General Post Office building with a modern 31-storey tower, the hotel has 416 rooms and suites. The hotels offers impressive event and banquet facilities featuring a highly flexible and sophisticated pillar free hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,000 guests for a seated event, as well as a Victorian style ballroom and eight smaller function spaces.
Front Office and Service Express are responsible for ensuring our guests receive efficient and superior levels of service throughout their stay.
- Ensure the smooth check in and check out of all guests providing superior service.
- Accommodate the requests and needs of all guests, make recommendations, upsell rooms and related services.
- Proactively communicate any guest complaints to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- Assist guests with safety deposit boxes and posting miscellaneous charges.
- Answer and direct incoming calls from inside and outside the hotel.
- Answer and process reservation enquiries.
- Maintain a current knowledge of all room rates and packages available.
- Dispatch requests to the appropriate department.
- Follow up on all requests and complaints to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- Take In-Room Dining orders.
- Provide guests with recommendations or referrals and upsell the hotel's services and facilities.
- Uphold Westin standards and the hotel's policies and procedures
Experience as a Telephone or Guest Service Agent in a 5 star hotel is favourable.
Professional verbal and written communication skills.
Thorough follow up, strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
Ability to emotionally connect with guests and provide superior levels of service.
Must have the flexibility to work on a 24 hour rotating roster including public holidays and weekends.
Experience of OPERA property management system a distinct advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career with an exciting, vibrant and growing company. In return for your dedication and commitment you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and engaged team.
Excellent benefits include:
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, Family and Friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
- Associate recognition and training programs
- Discounted CBD parking
- Strategic career development opportunities
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws