Doorperson and Porter
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800324Z
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
An exciting opportunity has become available to join The Westin Sydney team.
We are looking for an experienced Doorman and enthusiastic Porters to join our Concierge team.
The Westin Sydney is an award winning deluxe hotel set in the heart of Sydney's fashion and finance district. Part of the redevelopment of Sydney's historic General Post Office on Martin Place, this luxurious hotel is surrounded by Sydney's most exclusive designer shopping, best restaurants, theatres and nightlife. Uniquely combining Sydney's original General Post Office building with a modern 31-storey tower, the hotel has 416 rooms and suites. The hotels offers impressive event and banquet facilities featuring a highly flexible and sophisticated pillar free hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,000 guests for a seated event, as well as a Victorian style ballroom and eight smaller function spaces.
As Doorman you will responsible for:
- Creating the first and last impression with the guest experience
- Overseeing and controlling the driveway, ensuring it is kept clear and clean at all times
- Greeting arriving and departing guests,
- Organizing taxis as required, assisting with guest luggage
- Ensuing that brand standards of the hotel are maintained.
As Porter you will responsible for:
- Provide a high level of customer service to our guests
- Deliver luggage and messages promptly and professionally
- Park guests' cars and other general duties
- Hotel experience is preferred, however not essential.
- You will be a team player and have the ability to juggle a variety of tasks.
- Great Customer Service Skills
- A Current Driver's license (manual and automatic) is required for this position.
- You must have the flexibility to work on a rotating roster, including evening shifts, public holidays and weekends and have a full manual Drivers License.
Please note: The Westin Sydney is considering applicants with Full Time or Part Time availability.
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 6,100 properties, you'll find us in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World