Franchised People & Culture Generalist
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180031R9
Job Category Human Resources
Location The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, Whistler, British Columbia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, O'Neill Hotels and Resorts Mgmt., Ltd. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Manage on-site staff accommodation including leases, check-ins and check-outs, liaising with Payroll, Engineering, and Contract cleaners, holding monthly meetings during high season, and resolving any issues that arise
Support the arrival/departure process of off-site staff accommodation
Maintain on brand associate communication on associate boards, power point, and wall calendars
- Point of contact and maintaining compliance with the training, facilitation and tracking of Marriott driven administration
- Processing new hires, on-boarding, terminations, and status changes
- Office administrative duties and inter-office organization
- Process, administer and track performance and rate reviews
- Onboard new associates and assist with departing associates efficiently
- Oversee Casual Banquet Server hiring - Make job offers and facilitate hiring and onboarding, scheduling health and safety walk through with Banquet manager or captain.
Assist and implement employee relations
- Support Annual Associate Engagement Survey
- Management of the seasonal wellness package, driving a minimum completion percentage.
- Coordinate associate events such as BBQs, length of service receptions, town hall, and festive events
- Coordinate and assist in presenting Hotel Orientation
- Assist in organizing and facilitating Service Culture training
- Work with the Serve 360 (Marriott community and sustainability) committee. Host meetings, events and distribution of communication within the hotel.
- Coordinate and facilitate associate social committee meetings and events.
- Process and administer recognition programs
- Pre-screen walk-in applicants
- Drive the purchasing process including POs and finance computer systems
- Help to ensure associates are trained in the safe work procedures associated with all of their tasks
- Promote safety awareness to associates and demonstrate that safe job performance is the number one priority
- Ensure compliance with WRSs Occupational Health and Safety Program and the Regulation of WorkSafeBC
- Ensure associates report any unsafe conditions, practices or injuries as soon as possible and take appropriate actions
- Set a good safety example
- Maintain a consistent presence in the office to assist associates
- Support the Manager and Director of People & Culture
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be able to build and maintain credibility and relationships with people (both internal and external)
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Proven ability in managing time is critical; must be able to plan and execute effectively and efficiently
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications â€“ Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Whistler area and available services
- Previous experience in a similar role in a similar size/type of property
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and a passion for dealing with and emotionally connecting with others
- Knowledge of the employment standards, federal and provincial laws
- Ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks and to work and complete assignment on time despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions
- Basic knowledge of wage and salary, employment and benefit administration and payroll
- Knowledge of basic Fire, Life & Safety standards/processes
- CHRP designation or working towards - is an asset
- Diploma or certificate in Hotel/Human Resources Management or the equivalent is preferred
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day
This company is an equal opportunity employer.