Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180031QE
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, Cumberland, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : https://www.concordhotels.com/careers/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Job Description :
Concord Hospitality is seeking a dynamic sales leader for the role of Director of Sales at our 108 room Fairfield Inn located in Cumberland Maryland. (MARSHA CODE: CBEFI) Hotel features 2 event rooms with over 1,180 sq ft of function space and is located next to Frostburg State University, Allegany College, C&O Canal as well as Downtown Cumberland. Our leisure guests are attracted to nearby Jack Nicholas Signature Golf Course, Cumberland Country Club and the beautiful Maryland Mountains.
Your role as the Director of Sales is key in the hotel success. You will develop and foster hotel business through direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, and tours of hotel. This is an advanced level position designed to lead a sales office in the solicitation of new and maintenance of existing transient, group, and meeting room business. The Director of Sales is responsible for all sales/marketing and advertising tasks, public relations and administrative reporting.
- Provide the highest levels of customer service to internal partners and external clients at all times, and set the example and tone of interactions for immediate team and hotel staff.
- Respond in a quick, timely, and professional manner to all internal partners and external customers, and deliver clear and concise communiqu that is representative of Concord Hospitality via all avenues of communication.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, self-motivation and proactive planning, and endeavor to be organizationally savvy with a keen focus on detail. Set the example for the sales and catering team.
- Satisfactorily maintain existing assigned accounts/segments, and work diligently to develop new business for hotel.
- Consistently attain sales activity goals and individual revenue goals including -- but not limited to -- proactive and reactive calls, tours and appointments required for this position, as outlined by Concord, your Regional VPS, and your General Manager.
- Become familiar with hotel annual budget and sales expenses, and be knowledgeable of the hotel occupancy, average rate, and REVPAR goals and performance metrics. Aid in forecasting for sales and catering.
- Become the expert on your local and like-branded competitors, and ensure hotel is receiving its fair share.
- Work closely with Revenue Manager and liaise with other departments to ensure optimal revenue achievement.
- Prepare for, participate in, facilitate and report out on all necessary internal meetings, conference calls, reporting, planning, recruiting, hiring, training, SOP, and other necessary aspects required of this position.
- Learn and use digital sales systems and conceptual sales processes (i.e. Delphi, CI/TY, PMS, sales call process, etc.) and understand the hotel sales strategies (i.e. Marketing Plan, rates, budgeted goals, etc.). Implement these tools and resources in order to accomplish individual and team goals and efficiently complete job duties.
- Manage and evaluate various aspects of marketing and their ROI â€“ including but not limited to -- on-line and print collateral, on-line and print advertising campaigns, promotions and hotel packaging, promotional materials, incentives and rewards programs, prepare marketing plans and action plans, local public relations (if applicable), etc.
- Network with key local business and association contacts, community leaders, and hotel partners in order to develop positive rapport with local community and garner new, referral, and repeat business as a result.
- Work in a unified and collaborative way -- one that fosters team work -- and embody an entrepreneurial spirit that enables one to make the best possible decisions for hotel and the company, and achieve the team overall goals.
- Own career development for self and that of direct reports: Be a dedicated advocate for the training and job opportunities that will continue to hone and develop talents, skills, creativity, and personal and professional growth.
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by Management, and seek to comply with company policies and procedures.
At Concord Hospitality, our DOS earn competitive wages, receive our extensive benefit package including dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options as well as lucrative annual bonus plans (up to 35% of base salary) with a quarterly payout, 401K options, tuition assistance plus training & development and career advancement opportunities. We provide Revenue Management and Digital Marketing support as well as amazing training, growth opportunities and excellent leadership.
If this beautiful hotel managed by an award winning company with a fun culture supported by growth and recognition sounds like you? Apply Today! We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
- 2+ Years Hotel Director of Sales (or 3+ years Hotel Senior Sales Manager)
- Marriott Experience Preferred
- Delphi Experience Preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.