Agent, Guest Experience
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180031E3
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Greet guests and determine the number in their party. Seat guests by finding a clean, available table; pulling out chairs; placing clean/current menu in front of guest, etc. Guide guests through the dining rooms and provide any needed assistance. Move and arrange tables, chairs, and settings and organize seating for groups with special needs. Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other item that is part of the standard place setting. Check menus to ensure they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free. Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures. Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well being of guests.
Guest relations, communication, quality assurance/quality improvement, physical tasks, general food and beverage services, assists management and opening are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well being of guests
- Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met
- Check menus to ensure they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free
Minimum Job requirements:
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- Graduate with Intern or with relevant experience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.