Franchised Guest Service Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180030VJ
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, Herndon, Virginia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, JHM Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The primary purpose of the Guest Service Agent is to greet and serve guests in a professional, gracious manner. Register guests; provide prompt and courteous service to the guest throughout their stay, resolve guest problems, close guest accounts upon check out and offer fond farewell to guests.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly, sincere welcome. Maintain eye contact with guest. Use a positive, clear speaking voice, listen to guest requests and respond with appropriate action.
- Employ operational and selling techniques to maximize occupancy levels and achieve the highest average rate possible, and ensure that staff does the same. Maintain and provide accurate information on and promote hotel facilities.
- Maintain cash bank per accounting guidelines. Comply with all accounting procedures.
- Maintain effective communication within Front Office and related departments, and with all hotel departments. Stay aware of issues relating to front office and general hotel operations. Attend meetings as scheduled. Apprise management of any concerns or suggestions.
- Adhere to safety, security and emergency procedures, react appropriately during emergency situations, and act promptly to correct hazards. Adhere to security procedures on the handling of guest room keys, the protection of guest related information and conduct weekly inventory of guest room keys.
- Understand and operate front office telephone, computer systems, and equipment such as ten key adding machine, facsimile machines, etc.
- Promptly complete registration process, input and retrieve information from computer, confirm pertinent information including number of guests, method of payment and length of stay, select guest room based upon guest needs/request, nonverbal confirmation of room number and rate, provide key folder containing guest room key (and club key if applicable), certificate and coupons as appropriate. Close out guest accounts at time of check out. Properly file and retrieve registration cards.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change, and balance assigned cash bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelerâ€™s check and other forms of payment. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer. Process payments per established procedures.
- Provide safety deposit boxes to guests in accordance with established hotel procedures.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive, pleasant tone of voice and following the established verbiage. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content of messages to guests. Retrieve and send mail, small packages and facsimiles for guests.
- Listen to and promptly act to resolve guest problems and complaints. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have failed and appropriately document the solution/remedy. Apprise management of all guest complaints/problems; including those that have been resolved.
- High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.