Franchised Guest Services Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180030VH
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Miami, Miami, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply via Email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, MDM Hotel Group, Ltd.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for responding to guest requests for special arrangements or services (e.g., transportation, reservations, dry cleaning) by making arrangements or identifying appropriate providers. Respond to special requests from guests with unique needs and follow up to ensure satisfaction. Gather, summarize, and provide information to guests about the property and the surrounding area amenities, including special events and activities. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem. Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks. Ensure that any outstanding requests from the previous day receive priority and are resolved. Monitor inventory and order general office supplies. Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Review GuestWare and Pass On Log database periodically and follow up on pending and significant issues to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Be present in key public areas including Executive Lounge, Valet, Front Desk, Concierge Stand, and Restaurants to ensure â€œGUESTâ€ standards are adhered to.
- Contact VIP and Elite Marriott Rewards Members prior to their arrival to offer assistance with on/off property activites.
- Ensure Pre-arrival planning has been completed to include information gathered from pre-arrival contact, Marriott Rewards profiles and property specific historical data.
- Ensure Front of House associates receive daily GUEST audits and adhere to QA standards at all times.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, -PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP, MYSTIQUE) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support hotel operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the hotel.
- Intervenes in any guest/associate situation as needed to insure the integrity of the hotel is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and associate well being is preserved.
- Conducts regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance, safety, staffing, security, and maintenance.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and ensures that all uniformed associates are properly attired and groomed, each wearing a name -----Understands and can implement all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
- High School diploma/ G.E.D. equivalent.
- At least 1 year of related work experience.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.