Barman - Barasti
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002ZMD
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, ideally located alongside Dubai’s largest private white sand beach, Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is an iconic destination among the most luxurious of Dubai Beach Resorts. Featuring a classic chic décor are subtle purple accents, our 220 Rooms and suites are designed to stimulate your creativity while offering breath-taking views and outstanding resort facilities will enrich your experience.
Barasti Beach Bar & Restaurant is a vibrant beach venue that is constantly full of excitement. Situated on its own private beach, just a stone's throw from the Palm Jumeriah and comes with stunning views and an extensive food and beverage listing - it's no wonder Barasti has become an institution of the Dubai social scene.
The ever busy beach venue, renowned for its great music and delectable menu, topped the list of the world’s best 100 bars (www.worldbestbar.com). Barasti has also received numerous local awards, most recent awards being Ahlan Best Bar in Dubai and Time Out’s Best Outdoor Bar and Highly Commended Sports Bar.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Ensure standardization and consistent beverage preparation, presentation and quality
· Monitor and control bar stocks and ensure efficient use of products
· Ensure order of bar and cleanliness in accordance to health and safety regulations
· To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times
· Opening and closing procedures
· Carry out any reasonable request made by Management
· To positively contribute to the sales activities within your department/hotel and maximize sales opportunities and to be knowledgeable of company products
· To keep wastage to a minimum and be vigilant in reducing expenditure
· To plan and organize the area / task assigned according to department and hotel standards.
· Ensures that the bar operational equipment is well maintained and controlled.
· Ensures that the bar stocks are well maintained.
· Make sure that all beverages are measured.
· Make sure that standard recipes for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are followed.
· Make sure that spoilage and breakages report are maintained.
· Directs and assists the cost controller in inventories.
· Must be aware of the purpose of stock rotation and ensure it is carried out continuously.
· Ensures bar is cleaned and stocked for the next service, that stock orders are done daily and in the correct requisition book.
To move into this position you should have
· Fun, outgoing, energetic attitude
· Ability to comply with all Food and Beverage brand standards
· Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
· Natural leadership skills and “can-do” attitude
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Customer service oriented with an outgoing, upbeat and positive personality.
· Professional well-groomed appearance.
· Ability to work in a team and independently.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
· Ability to successfully work in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to maintain composure in a potentially stressful environment.
· Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees and management.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.