Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002Y2K
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Department: Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment
Position: Naturalist Prepared: December 1, 2005
PLACE OF WORK: Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment at The Ritz-Carlton - Bacara, Santa Barbara
JOB OVERVIEW: Develop and lead programs for guests ages 4+, as well as family and group activities such as snorkeling, kayaking, underwater photography and videography, botanic park, sustainable living lessons, nature art & craft and much more. Using the local and cultural heritage and the learning center as their base, the naturalist will lead groups of 8-12 people on morning, afternoon and/or evening activities.
Naturalist will be responsible for preparing for each activity, ensuring that the co-naturalist is also prepared with any necessary materials, and guiding the group at all times.
REPORTS TO: Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment Supervisor, Manager and/or Director
Internal: Director of Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment, Destination Services Manager, Director of Meeting and Special Events, Meetings and Special Events Managers, Guidance Team, Corporate lead for program.
External: Guests, local NGOs, meeting planners, Ocean Futures Society.
SPECIFICATIONS: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Essential: 1) Bachelors degree in Marine Biology, Environmental Natural Sciences, Life Science, Life Science Education.
2) Working knowledge and experience in coral reef ecology and environmental education
3) Ability to understand verbal instructions
4) Ability and desire to lead, organize, and supervise children
5) Ability to plan, originate, organize and carry out daily and special programs
6) Ability to relate to one’s peer group
7) Ability to maintain and organize accurate records
8) Ability to accept supervisor and/or director’s guidance
9) Strong, positive character, integrity, and adaptability
Essential: 1) Professional telephone skills
2) Ability to work without direct supervision
3) Ability to interact successfully with guests and clients
4) Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
5) Ability to interact successfully with hotel management / staff
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Greet guests at reception area with a warm smile and using the guests name
2) Assist guests with program check in
3) Engage guests in pre-program activity until the desired module begins
4) Prepare for activity and prepare co-naturalist/attendant
5) Follow safety procedures at all times
6) Keep track of all guests at all times
7) Actively participate in all activities
8) Contribute positively to discussions and share information with guests
9) Replace and keep organized all program materials and equipment
10) Request materials from Supervisor when things are missing
11) Attend appropriate hotel meetings
12) Continually improve program and make suggestions
1) Stocking and selling retail products
2) Enhance and improve existing programs
3) Any job requested by management
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will employment relationship.”