Mgr-Security (RC RAK)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002UOK
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, Ras al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Assists with security operations management on a daily basis. Areas of responsibilities include the protection and safety of property assets, employees, guests and property, accident and fire prevention and response. This role focuses on maintaining safe and secure environment for guests, employees and hotel assets by managing security policies, logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security Operations
• Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
• Recommends follow-up action for security breaches.
• Conducts investigation of all losses of property assets and refers to proper management for disposition.
• Complies with all Corporate Security safety and security management guidelines and procedures.
• Completes proper documentation and reports all employee accident and general liability incidents to Claims Reporting Service.
• Conducts periodic patrols of entire property and parking areas.
• Recognizes success across areas of responsibility.
• Handles guest problems and complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Identifies and makes recommendations for minimizing physical hazards and unsafe work practices.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Keeps abreast of local criminal activity as it may impact property.
• Maintains required reports and documentation regarding patrols of property and parking areas.
• Inspects all security equipment and verify that it is fully functioning.
• Provides means for obtaining necessary medical attention on a timely basis.
• Participates in hourly employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Completes disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
• Maintains first aid and CPR certifications required for Security officers.
• Implements local authority requirement for security and safety.
Security Team Communication
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to influence and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity:
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Meets quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Assists in minimizing cost of accident claims through aggressive claims management.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Administers property policies fairly and consistently.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops and maintains a working relationship with local law enforcement authorities.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Provides guidance in setting health and safety policies and standards.
• Coordinates with Event Sales for VIP escort and media control for large events.
• Performs other reasonable job duties as assigned by manager.