Health and Beauty Therapist - 32 Hours
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002TP8
Job Category Spa
Location Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Derbyshire, Derbyshire VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Ideally placed in Morley, just north of Derby, Breadsall Priory holds the distinction of being the oldest Marriott location in the world; our elegant Priory rooms date back to 1260.
At Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel no two days are the same, with an exciting blend of guests and large events. Our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and contemporary British dining at our hotel's on-site Priory Restaurant.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
· NVQ level 2 qualification preferred
The position is for 32 hours, over 4 days.
1. To administer beauty treatments for clients in a professional, friendly manner.
2. To greet and converse with clients, to ensure that clients are at ease.
3. To ensure that administration of beauty treatments adequately fulfil needs of hotel and client.
4. To maximize opportunities for retail sales, to contribute to departmental profitability
5. To initiate and participate in new treatment ranges to increase departmental profitability.
6. To maintain cleanliness of the salon at all times.
7. To ensure all areas of the salon fully comply with all relevant Health & Safety regulations
8. To fully support the Leisure Manager and be willing to work in any area of the club to ensure the smooth running of the facilities.
9. To perform all banking as required and in line with cash handling policy
10. All Marriott policies on cash, key and all controls are adhered to and followed consistently.
Provide general spa orientation to guests upon arrival, such as the location and use of locker rooms, lounge areas, and hospitality stations. Offer guests amenities such as water, juice, or heated neck pillows. Answer questions about general property information and amenities. Escort guests to and from treatment rooms. Check computer for updates and changes to schedule regularly throughout the day. Maintain cleanliness of workstation, treatment rooms, spa/salon locker room, and lounge areas. Dispose of trash and dirty linens in the proper area. Secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift. Stock towels, linens, supplies, and amenities in the locker room, lounge areas, and hospitality stations. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; protect company assets. Anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Reach, bend, twist, pull, and stoop; move, lift, or carry objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.