Franchised Event Operations (Banquet) Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002TKG
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, Mobile, Alabama VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : www.pchresortscareers.com/applynow
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Event Operations Manager oversees the daily activities of the Event Operations Department and staff. Ensures the highest level of service by executing the requirements of events based on catering service standards. Drives customer satisfaction and capitalizes on revenue up-sell opportunities during the Event Phase of a function. Acts as a liaison for the Event Operations Department between Sales, Event Planning, Event Services, Event Technology, and the Culinary team maintaining open lines of communication to provide guests the highest level of service.
Skills and Knowledge
- Effective sales skills to up-sell products and services
- Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation, and banquet and event service operations
- Broad understanding of facility management (sanitation, maintenance and operations)
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to understand P&L statements, manage operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Effective conflict management skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Effective coaching and development skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Effective decision making skills
- Effective influence skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good presentation and platform skills
- Good training/facilitator skills
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.