Franchised Sous Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002TK6
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, Toronto, Ontario VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Larco Enterprises. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Sportsnet Grill offers the ultimate sports dining experience with floor to ceiling windows delivering remarkable views looking into the Rogers Centre. The restaurant is located in the Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel. Form more information check us out at sportsnetgrill.ca.
Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel is the world's only hotel located in a major league sports and entertainment venue, the Rogers Centre. Premier among Toronto downtown hotels, this full-service CAA/AAA Four Diamond hotel is ideally situated in the heart of the entertainment district, and conveniently located just steps from the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, CN Tower, Air Canada Centre and the financial district. Our distinctive hotel features 348 recently renovated rooms, including 70 field-view rooms and Restaurant and Lounge with floor-to-ceiling windows offering a panoramic view of the stadium.
- Ensures all Kitchen Associates are performing their duties to standard while encouraging and motivating teamwork
- Communicates job expectations to Kitchen Associates in a clear and effective manner
- Manages and develops Associate performance by providing monthly one on ones, giving feedback and discipline where necessary
- Handles guest concerns, compliments and suggestions in a professional manner, using LEARN processes and principles
- Finds a resolution to any operational issue promptly
- Organizes and participates in Quarterly Kitchen Departmental meetings, ensuring all Associates attend and important topics discussed in a timely manner
- Provides Kitchen Associates with the necessary training, including new-hire orientation procedures
- Coordinates and publishes the scheduling of all Kitchen Associates in accordance with company policy
- Ensures quality and quantity of food production meets or exceeds predetermined standards
- Completes the daily ordering of all food products consistent with business levels and budgeted food costs.
- Assists Sales and Events in designing menus specific for client/guest requests
- Assists in creating, costing and implementing new menus as per necessary based on global food trends
- Monitors productivity, making necessary adjustments in order to operate within the budgeted guidelines
- Submits payroll in a timely basis
- Participates in the month-end food inventory
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef
- Must have Red Seal or equivalent certification
- Culinary Diploma from accredited College or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience as CDP and/or Jr. Sous Chef preferred
- 5 years of combined Restaurant and Banquet experience preferred
- Knowledge of local health, safety and sanitation laws
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of food costing and kitchen management
- Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends.
The Toronto Marriott City Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a positive and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Accommodations will be made available upon request for applicants with disabilities to enable them to participate in the selection process. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department upon application.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.