Jan 24, 2019Job Number
Aloft Perth, Perth, Western Australia VIEW ON MAPBrand
Start Your Journey With Us
At Aloft Hotels we’re wired for next generation travellers who love open spaces, open thinking, and open expression. Aloft provides a space where style is necessary, social scenes are vibrant, and where the only direction is forward. Our guests are tech savvy and confidently social, with an eclectic style they’re not afraid to show. We understand what our guests need, so we provide an affordable option for the tech-savvy design guru. We’re looking for innovative self-expressers who aren’t afraid to draw outside the lines. If you are someone who appreciates tech-forward features and vibrant social scenes, then we invite you to explore a career with Aloft Hotels.
About the Role:
The Banquet Manager leads the overall food & beverage service operation of the hotel’s conferencing spaces, providing strong direction and motivation to the team.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant Manager - Food & Beverage, the Banquet Manager will manage floor operations and provide direction to the team to ensure department targets are met.
This Manager has an influence over the productivity, quality standards, Aloft culture, guest experience and Talent engagement of the department. The Banquet Manager has detailed knowledge of all aspects of food & beverage and conferencing operations, and is committed to providing an Aloft-style experience every time. This person “owns” the guest experience from the moment the guest enters the conference to the moment they leave. This Manager has an eye for detail and never fails to strive for perfection, engaging their team with a winning spirit and taking them along on the journey to deliver an on-brand experience, always.
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Ensure high standards and SOP's are being consistently followed
- Guide and lead your team through larger scale events
- Walk the walk, be engaged and close to the operations side of the department
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Provide effective leadership to the F&B team to ensure targets are met and exceeded both for the hotel and individual development
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to keep cool-headed, confident and collected. A true team player, that thrives under pressure.
- Good time management - ability to multi-task.
- You will have leadership qualities but are also able to take directions from others.
- Competent with MICROS Software or similar
- Hold an approved manager certificate and current WA RSA
- Hold a first aid certificate – desirable
Want to work in a place where energy flows, personalities mingle and opportunities abound? A place where anything can happen?
CLICK APPLY NOW!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
To search all jobs or learn more about Marriott careers: www.marriott.com/careers
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.