• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are met
• Maintain food handling and sanitation standards.
• Perform all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area employees in high demand times.
• Oversee production and preparation of culinary items.
• Ensure employees keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
• Work with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and timing of events and meals.
• Comply with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Strive to improve service performance.
• Communicate areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure follow through.
• Lead shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
• Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assist in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Supporting Culinary Team Activities
• Supervise daily shift operations.
• Ensure all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Supervise staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensure completion of assigned duties.
• Participate in the employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
• Communicate performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Participate in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Conduct training when appropriate.
• Monitor employees' progress towards meeting performance expectations.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Participate in department meetings and continually communicate a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Support and assist with new menus, concepts and promotions for the Restaurant outlets and Banquets.