Assistant Director of Housekeeping @ West Hollywood EDITION - Opening 2019
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002SU9
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The West Hollywood EDITION, Hollywood, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Assists in managing housekeeping functions and staff on a daily basis to ensure property guest rooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all housekeeping operations. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget. Responsible for inspecting areas of responsibilities and following up with a plan for improving results.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure the guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Supervises daily housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same with them.
• Schedule employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Review employee satsifaction results.
• Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.