Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002SO2
Job Category Administrative
Location Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, Cape Town, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
- Valid matric certificate or international equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Recent work experience in a similar position will be advantageous.
- Must be computer literate in specifically Opera Property Management Systems, Microsoft Word and Microsof Excel.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal in the English language.
- Must be prepared to work Night Shifts, Public Holidays and Weekends.
- Must be able to work accurately under pressure.
- Must be a team player with a friendly nature.
- Must be guest service driven.
- Must be well groomed and well presented.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors or Managers.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP, MYSTIQUE) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Assist At Your Service in noting guests requests, placing Room Service Orders and communicating such details through to the relevant departments.
- Assist At your Service if following up on guests requests to ensure tasks were actioned in a reasonable time frame.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects without assistance.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g., Fidelio, PMS, OPERA), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to issuing room key.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine and reissue new room keys to guests as necessary (e.g., lost key) by verifying guest identity and using electronic key machine.
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- Process all check-outs including express check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges, settling account, retrieving room key, and requesting comments on guest's stay.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Accommodate requests for room changes when possible.
- Reconcile and file guest and/or supplier paperwork and/or documentation.
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
- Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented and include an explanation.
- Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability.
- Communicate to appropriate staff that there are guests that are waiting for an available room.
- Review requests for late check-outs and approve according to occupancy.
- Keep track of changes in room status (e.g., early check-out, late check-out, room transfer, unexpected stay over) for Housekeeping.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- Obtain and verify proper tax-exempt information for tax-exempt guests.
- Confirm reservations and cancellations.
- Instruct guests on how to access the internet (e.g., dial-up, broadband, wireless).
- Assist guests in troubleshooting if not able to access the internet.
- Run daily reports identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
- Run credit card authorization report and check for discrepancies.
- Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks.
- Print contingency/downtime reports every 3 hours to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Doorman, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to appropriate department.
- Respond to special requests from guests/residents with unique needs.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Assist guest with valet parking their vehicles and fetching the vehicle upon their request.
- Dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Count float at end of shift and secure banking.
- Balance and drop cash up according to Accounting specifications.
- Provide change to guests.
- Obtain manual authorizations and follow all Accounting procedures when computer system is down.
- Count floats at the beginning of shift to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Print credit check report, review status of each account, and follow up on accounts beyond approved credit limits.
- Notify Security of any guest reports of theft.ITICAL COMPETENCIES