Event Concierge Attendant
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002R9W
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Manila Marriott Hotel, Manila, Philippines VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Assist guests with their business center needs (e.g., making copies, sending faxes, typing) and bill services. Open and close the business center. Instruct guests on how to access the internet. Package, label, and ship items for guests and ensure that charges are applied to proper accounts, room numbers, or credit cards. Coordinate delivery of packages, mail, faxes, and/or boxes to the proper meeting room or guest room. Contact appropriate individual or department as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications. Monitor inventory of supplies and equipment and order general office supplies. Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Safety and Security
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP, MYSTIQUE) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with management to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures, and set goals to continuously improve department performance around guest and employee satisfaction scores.
Working with Others
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Make photocopies at request of guests.
- Instruct guests on how to access the internet (e.g., dial-up, broadband, wireless).
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Package, label, and ship items for guests, maintaining receipts and paperwork on all shipped items for tracking and billing purposes, and ensuring charges are applied to proper accounts, room numbers, or credit cards.
- Coordinate delivery of packages and/or boxes to the proper meeting room or guest room.
- Prepare and send faxes to appropriate personnel and guests.
- Receive, deliver, and document incoming packages for guests.
- Distribute incoming mail and faxes to guests and staff.
- Open and close the Business Center.
- Assist guests with their business center needs (e.g., copies, faxes, typing) and bill services.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications, strictly following the Blind Drop procedure during cashier’s closing.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Monitor inventory and order general office supplies (fax paper, copier toner, etc.) for the department.
- Maintain inventory of all electronic rental equipment, Business Center office supplies, shipping supplies, telephones and accessories.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Handle last minute event bookings and internal functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the business needs